IGNORED

Tinman interviewed on Main Site

southvillekiddy

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/exclusive-interview-brian-tinnion/

As loans Manager, Brian Tinnion was interviewed at length (13 mins) on main site explaining how loans out of our young players to other League and Non-league Clubs are arranged and how this works in their development. Great move by the Club to put this up on the Site.

Got to say I was really impressed (and reassured).

Seems that we have a really talented team at this level. Not seen Tinman for a while. He's aged as you would expect but obviously absolutely loves his job. Good on 'im. 

He also mentions the loans of players that are already more advanced in their careers such as Engvall and Moore. Again I'm reassured because it's Tinman saying it.

If a decent proportion of these young players make it and continue playing together City, it has to be good for the togetherness and ethos of the First team. This seems to be crucial for success/promotion.

It all came across as well thought through and organised. Agree, you can tell he absolutely loves his job and must do 10 of thousands of miles per year watching games. Interesting he thought Newport was in England (I think he meant to say the English Leagues). Great to have a legend still closely involved with the club. Shame we could not find a role for Carey.

See also the "Youth development" thread. Interesting that this was released the same day the BP published an article about us having 15 players out on loan (only Wolves - in the Championship - have more).

Perhaps we should stop raising our eyebrows at Chelski!

7 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

It all came across as well thought through and organised. Agree, you can tell he absolutely loves his job and must do 10 of thousands of miles per year watching games. Interesting he thought Newport was in England (I think he meant to say the English Leagues). Great to have a legend still closely involved with the club. Shame we could not find a role for Carey.

Not sure that we couldnt have found one for Carey (though the usual suspects would have slated the club if we had)

IIRC Carey didnt retire after setting the record, but played for a season or two for local teams. He then took a year out doing other things, then Southampton contacted him about a job.

19 minutes ago, Ian M said:

No doubt Carey will be back at the club at some point in the future but in the meantime he's getting some valuable experience at one of the best Academies in the country. 

Which means that should he ever come here in a similar capacity, then he will have a lot of valuable experience at a very, very good academy.

For this reason alone, I would think that the club are keeping close contact with Louis.

Brian Tinnion will always be my favourite City player. I loved watching him play, .and the difference he made to the team  I was sad when it all collapsed around him after his time as manager (probably far too early for him). However i am delighted to see him thrive in his role with the youth sides. i thought he came across really well during the interview, and it certainly showed how well organised the club is behind the scenes. I feel very confident with the direction the club is going. I make no excuses for being a  staunch fan of Lee Johnson, having stuck with him loyally through the dark times of last season. I'm sure this club will go from strength to strength as I can see everyone involved seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet. Long may that be so!

5 hours ago, Taz said:

Which means that should he ever come here in a similar capacity, then he will have a lot of valuable experience at a very, very good academy.

For this reason alone, I would think that the club are keeping close contact with Louis.

I got the impression from his interview a few weeks back that Carey wasn't as close with the promotion/playoff squad as I thought.

Sproule and McCombe's interviews seemed far more matey with LJ and McAllister so maybe there was a few cliques. 

On that basis I wouldn't be surprised if Sproule and/or McCombe work with us in the future. Sproule has already recommended us a couple of players apparently.

Archived