IGNORED

Taylor and the 'tapping up' saga

'Orns

As I understood it it was said that every Championship club were looking at him when he was ooc but none were prepared to take the risk on him whilst being untested in league one. It was said that we did look at him in that summer but wanted to see how he did in League One. Maybe this ties in what others have said above? Taylors agent at the time of signing a new contract told the whole footballing world about the release clause. 

LJ was disgusted with the way that Rovers behaved during that time.

20 hours ago, In the Net said:

Never heard any mention of this mythical £2 million.  Maybe I don't have the right calibre of mates? 

You're not missing out. He's a bit of a nob if I'm being honest

19 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Which just reinforces the  theory , that the 500k bid for Bodin was spin to appease the simple folk.

We bid for Bodin?? I was on hols for deadline day, so wasn't keeping up what was going on. Did I miss something?

57 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

We bid for Bodin?? I was on hols for deadline day, so wasn't keeping up what was going on. Did I miss something?

An unnamed championship club bid for Bodin

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Let's be honest , if we had bid he would be here . It's a no brainer in career terms. 

On 06/09/2017 at 21:03, Davefevs said:

Back to the original question.  Only 4 parties could've known / divulged the release clause.

1. Taylor

2. His Agent

3, Rovers

4. EFL (FA whoever)

Spot the missing party!  Bristol City.  Unless we were present how could we have possibly known it.  If someone wants to leak it, that's their problem not ours!

I really don't see how we can be called to account.

Tapping up Taylor and asking him what his release clause is, is however a different matter :whistle:

Matt Taylor and Lee Johnson have the same agent

On 07/09/2017 at 12:46, Septic Peg said:

Came from Wael himself during an RB interview. http://www.gazetteseries.co.uk/sport/15103572.FOOTBALL__Bristol_Rovers_owner_Al_Qadi_and_Bristol_City_counterpart_Steve_Lansdown_make__gentleman_s_agreement__over_future_cross_city_transfers/

Rovers made complaint about tapping up to FA/EFL and then withdrew it...

This was after Wael's attempt at banter...

He should know. Like buying a Football club thinking it had planning for a shiny new stadium only to find out it was just a car park 

Archived