IGNORED

Harry Kane

brizzlelou

Anybody else think that he's quite a selfish player? I've just been watching back over both sets of England highlights (god I'm bored) and I don't think I've ever noticed how selfish he actually is. Could just be me as I've never really warmed to the guy but I was wondering if anybody else had seen this in his game?

He can be but think it suits him. He's an excellent finisher who backs himself and done that well the past couple of seasons. Think it was 29 goals in 30 league games last season. He's a slow starter it seems and is just finding his feet again. 

That said, not sure how good a fit he is for England. That lone striker shouldn't be a selfish type with the likes of Alli, Sterling, Rashford and Oxlade Chamberlin around him. They should be playing off the striker I think and Harry should be linking them in then getting into the box a bit later. As it stands seems he's just part of the confusion up front. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He can be but think it suits him. He's an excellent finisher who backs himself and done that well the past couple of seasons. Think it was 29 goals in 30 league games last season. He's a slow starter it seems and is just finding his feet again. 

That said, not sure how good a fit he is for England. That lone striker shouldn't be a selfish type with the likes of Alli, Sterling, Rashford and Oxlade Chamberlin around him. They should be playing off the striker I think and Harry should be linking them in then getting into the box a bit later. As it stands seems he's just part of the confusion up front. 

Against the better sides who will attack us Vardy is far more suited to England.

55 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Anybody else think that he's quite a selfish player? I've just been watching back over both sets of England highlights (god I'm bored) and I don't think I've ever noticed how selfish he actually is. Could just be me as I've never really warmed to the guy but I was wondering if anybody else had seen this in his game?

he's a striker, by definition they have to be selfish, thats there job, I'd rather my striker look to shoot then pass

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

The thing is, Spurs have better players than England, that's why he looks better in a Spurs shirt.

To be honest I was more annoyed with the number of wasteful chances that Ali had throughout the two games. Usually quite like watching him play but didn't think he did very well.

With Kane you kind of expect him to be a bit greedy - his goal returns in the last couple of seasons show what he can do if he takes the chances. 

On 06/09/2017 at 09:49, BobBobSuperBob said:

And 'in form' for over 3 years RR

hes scored over 20 Premier League goals a season in the last 3 seasons (Don't bother trying to find if there's another who's done the same !)

Got me thinking PF - how he matches up with , who most would regard as our best goal scorers / forwards over the last few decades

Out of interest Looked at Lineker, Owen , Shearer and Rooney in comparison (Stats wise)

Firstly IMHO , Kane is more of a team player , and his hold up play is better than Lineker and Owen , Rooney played different roles at times so probably contributed more around the pitch and Shearer took some beating as a target man / pinnacle with the ability to hold the ball up

Also worth bearing in mind , all except Kane , and Rooney , played with a regular partner (At International Level) who helped them / share the load greatly  

There are some other immeasurable factors too ( Could be argued all had a better International side / teammates than Kane

Their goals returns at Club and International Level are as follows

Lineker

Club 238 goals in 460 games   %51.3  goal return

International 48/80    % 60

Owen

Club  163/362   %45

Int     40/89  %44.9

Shearer 

Club  283/559  %50.6

Int    30/63         %47.6

Rooney

Club  200/463    %43.9

Int     53/119       %44.5

Kane

Club  78/116    %67.2

Int    10/21 (Not sure the two over the last week included)  %47.6

I don't get over carried away on stats but in goalscoring comparison I think it has some value and I think shows Kane is , as it stands , right up there with forwards widely hailed by pundits and supporters

Archived