IGNORED

Pisano out for tuesday game against wolves

Never to the dark side

14 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Wolves are an impressive side at this level now but we went 442 at Brighton last year and it worked. I'd stick with the same for Wolves. 

I think you're right. I thought Johnson's comments post-game on Vyner (and honouring the 'pathway') were interesting.

Cynically I wondered whether it was his 'get out of jail card' to the board if we got thrashed. They can't be too critical if he's obeying the 'pathway'.

That's a bit disrespectful to Vyner on my part who didn't let anyone down. It's always great to see the academy producing players. 

Given his height and athleticism, I wonder if he's another centre half in the making. Maybe the club see Vyner and Kelly as the centre half pairing of the future.. would be great.

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you're right. I thought Johnson's comments post-game on Vyner (and honouring the 'pathway') were interesting.

Cynically I wondered whether it was his 'get out of jail card' to the board if we got thrashed. They can't be too critical if he's obeying the 'pathway'.

That's a bit disrespectful to Vyner on my part who didn't let anyone down. It's always great to see the academy producing players. 

Given his height and athleticism, I wonder if he's another centre half in the making. Maybe the club see Vyner and Kelly as the centre half pairing of the future.. would be great.

It's called preparing for the future.

I'd be very nervous about Vyner playing tonight. On Saturday I thought he was poor on and off the ball. Got caught in possession several times stumbling over the ball and definitely looked like a CB not a full pack in possession. Defensively he got beaten a few times and I was actually amazed Reading didn't target him more with Bryan having a stormer on the left. I don't know whether I'd go 3-5-2 or stick with the formation that's been working, but either way I'd take him out of the firing line tonight.

Archived