IGNORED

Nathan Baker - Discipline

BCFC J

11 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

Baker is a class defender at this level and has definitely improved us in this position, quality ball playing cm with some experience in the English leagues in January and we will definitely be looking up rather than down . 

Hopefully we will be looking down.................................on the many below us :chant6ez:

15 hours ago, spudski said:

Why is everyone looking at Baker in solitary?

Ask yourself why defenders have to make such decisions.

They are the last line of defence before the keeper.

I've watched Baker, Wright and Flint over the past couple seasons...they often have to make last ditch tackles, forced into 'taking one for the team'....whilst our CM in front of them stroll about like there is no urgency.

Perhaps if our CM were better at defending, the CB's wouldn't have to keep 'putting it about'.

Who'd want to be a CB for BCFC in the Championship with Smith, O'neil and Pack in front of you? Pack I can understand to a degree...but the other two? Not nearly good enough.

Smith does my head in....he's like a Jack Russell on a lead tied to a lamp post....lost of snarling, movement etc...but he never ever gets to you. Plus he has a two second delay on his brain when it comes to passing the ball. Keep the damn thing moving FFS....

it's almost as if i was right when I said we needed a decent defensive midfielder more than anything, you know when people scoffed at me and said we needed an attacking one.......

We are going to continue to concide possession until we get that player, Pack and Smith aren't good enough for the level we want to be at

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

it's almost as if i was right when I said we needed a decent defensive midfielder more than anything, you know when people scoffed at me and said we needed an attacking one.......

We are going to continue to concide possession until we get that player, Pack and Smith aren't good enough for the level we want to be at

That was whilst we only had Diedhiou and Reid as forwards. It was obvious we needed to strengthen there as a priority.

I wanted us to sign a box-to-box player anyway, someone good in both boxes - Jackson Irvine would've been my choice. For the price he went for, I hope we tried to bring him in. Appreciate he may prefer to play for Hull.

On 9/14/2017 at 12:07, RedM said:

I think he does a lot of 'taking one for the team'. 

On 9/14/2017 at 12:57, cityloyal473 said:

He's street smart; something the team has been missing. 

On 9/14/2017 at 13:27, Super said:

So what if he picks up a few bookings? I would be more worried if my central defender wasn't. His form has been excellent this season so far.

On 9/14/2017 at 13:39, downendcity said:

In the past we have tended to be "too soft" a team and how often is there comment on here about the fact that opposition teams are more cynical and smart in terms tactical fouling,  breaking up play with "professional" challenges  and the like.

Seems like Baker is what we need in terms of doing to the opposition what they have too often been doing to us.

I was thinking that with the strength in depth we have in his position, we can almost sacrifice Baker as our "enforcer". A player that can get in and give the odd player a kick now and then and pick up the yellows. Nothing over dirty, but clever, useful fouls that gain us an advantage. If he over does it and gets a ban we have others who can come in and play a different role.

Archived