IGNORED

Temporary Cover For Wilkshire

Red under the bed

Extract from the Nationwide Football Site.

Gazza leaves Wolves 28 Nov

Wolves manager Dave Jones has confirmed that former England international Paul Gascoigne has left the club.

The 36-year-old had been training with Wolves and played six reserve team games for the club in a bid to regain his fitness.

"Gazza has decided that he can't 'cut it' at Premier League level and he has gone away to think about what he wants to do," Jones told the club's official website.

"It was his decision and things remain very amicable between us.

"His decision now is whether he wants to drop down a level, or whether he wants to look at other things. But that is up to him.

"He's been fantastic to work with and has worked his socks off while he's been training with us and I'd say that he was fit at the moment other than for a slight groin strain.

"He just feels that he falls short of what is needed and you have to give him a slap on the back for his honesty."

Gascoigne has not played a first-team game in England since the end of the 2001-02 campaign when he had a brief spell with Burnley.

If possible, what about Gazza as temporary cover for a month whilst Wilkshire is on International Duty ?

He is a creative midfielder.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I would rather see someone from the youth team given a try than someone well past his sell by date to be honest. I would hope City are more forward thinking than that.

But when all's said and done, Gazza is a legend

what i was really trying to say was just replace wilkshire with either doherty or burnell

so the team would be

..............................................Phillips

carey.................coles....................hill.................woodman

amankwaah..................doherty/burnell..................tinnion...................brown

..............................miller........................ peacock/roberts

Guest Tins4Gaffer
what i was really trying to say was just replace wilkshire with either doherty or burnell

How can you possibly replace Wilkshire with Burnell??

Doherty has bags more flair and forward passing ability than 'below-par' Burnell..

Crazy stuff!

Just a thought though.... Gazza and Tinnion were best mates (and still are very close friends). Imagine if theese 2 got together in the centre of midfield... it might bring even more out of Tinnion!! And Gazza playing with his best mate might give him that extra spark???

What do you think?!?

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Signing Gazza is one thing, but Jimmy Five Bellies would not be a very good signing!!

how funny.. haha..

I don't know if Tinnion still keeps in contact with Gazza.. but they certainly used to be good pals in their younger days and got upto alsorts of mischieve..

Archived