IGNORED

Another Ciderhead Looking For Pc Help!

Markman

Hi

I saw that some of you helped someone else with their PC question -so here is mine.........

If I am logged into the City site and then think I will visit Ebay or somewhere I minimise the city page click on ebay and then find that the new site just overrides everything and kicks me out of the previous site (e.g. City) - how can I stop this? (I do have a pop up stopper would that affect it?)

Also - how can I tell if I have the latest Internet Explorer - are these safe to download?

Thanks if you can help. :dunno:

Markman,

Sounds like you have a shortcut to eBay on your desktop or something, which will automatically load eBay in the current open window - hence it kicking you out of the City site (or any other).

I usually have two or three Internet Explorer windows open and manually enter the address, or use my 'favourites' link in the window that I want eBay to open in.

As for the latest version of IE, look on the 'help' menu, then click 'about Internet Explorer'. The downloads from the Microsoft site (HERE are safe (well, as safe as Microsoft's stuff is... it's a bit like a colander, but that's another story!!!)

Hope that helps - and other readers, feel free to correct me!

Archived