IGNORED

First Time Since Our Return That City Gave Me Belief

I cannot begin to tell how much i enjoyed that today.

Since our return we have been abysmal at times and i will not be ashamed to say the results under Johnson and the performances at times have warranted some of the strongest criticism.

We have won many games, but none like today where i sat and watched a city team play there own system and confidently dismantle a 'big club'. When we made changes, the players that came on allowed us to adapt and come the end Derby simply had no answer.

We still need a midfielder of real quality who can help dictate the pace of the game, as our only area for development is when we stop playing 'City's pace', we let Derby come on to us to often. Its difficult to play at our Tempo 90 minutes and when we need to allow the game to slow, it should be on our terms and not an excuse to let the opposition have a go for 10 mins and we just hope we can see it out.

At times Johnson has deserved criticism and if he would have bee sacked, it would not have been unjust.

BUT, its Steves decision and if he decides that he's sticking with him then so be it. 

IF, this truly is the City side we will see from now on then i am genuinely enthused by the future. We have been here before, but at the start of last season you watched city pick up wins but the performances weren't there and it was obvious we were going to struggle. Not today.

Well done City, i was proud today.

Archived