IGNORED

Video ref in football

Alessandro

Was lucky today to have a football fans bucket list moment watching BVB Dortmund beat FC Köln 5 nil this evening in a cracking game.

I was up on edge of the famous south stand and it didn't disappoint. Made me sad we couldn't forge ahead with safe standing as we once hoped, it's amazing watching thousands of fans bobbing up and down all game.

Few thoughts, first how British fans must have the best songs, basically everything they sang (loudly and constantly) involved BVB, Borussia, Dortmund and la la la. Or sha la la. They need some help from some of you lot! :clapping:

But the main thing for me is the video ref. Used twice in the game and both times I had no flipping idea what was going on. It ruined the game for me a bit TBH. At one point, Dortmund were attacking and won a corner. The player went over and put the ball down to take it. I turned to my mate to say something and there was a cheer, followed by confusion, then a penalty. God only knows what was going on.

Not sure if it was me not being used to it, but it was Mickey Mouse and I'm not sure of its place in the game?

The locals seemed to agree with several chants along the lines of "German FA you are s***".

Does anyone know if there are plans for it for us anytime soon? 

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4992.JPG

Archived