IGNORED

Seat Numbers on Signage

Barkhamred

RedM makes a perfectly legitimate case. The overwhelming majority of public venues I've been to address this issue by including a guide to seat numbers on signage, whether we're talking sports stadiums, concert halls or whatever. It makes access easier and frankly should be a basic requirement. It should have been provided at AG as a matter of routine, its omission is an oversight and the reluctance to correct the error is, I regrettably have to agree, not untypical of attitudes to customer service in the football industry. 

Those dismissing the issue as trivial are people familiar with the layout who aren't interested in looking at the question from any point of view other than their own. In fact there are a good  many people on any given match day who don't know their way around. The responders who say this is unnecessary are no doubt also the ones who would be most indignant at having their match day experience disrupted by people entering a crowded row from the wrong end.

We have a very good stadium we can be proud of, but it's not perfect and there are many small improvements that could be made. This should have been done in the first place and is easy to fix. Just do it.

i still dont understand or see the need for this. 

There are stewards on every entrance to every seating area. 

most people are ST holders so know where to go, the ones that aren't are probably only visiting once or twice, 

as someone else aid more of a problem is people leaving 5 minutes before the end of a game and getting in peoples rather than people being lost finding their seat, once a vist, after you found your seat you know where iti is. 

how many people, and how many times is this bothering people or is it just something else to blame the club for! 

yes some grounds/venues have it, and quite a lot don't. 

even with signs people would still use the wrong entrances 

Personally i would rather the time and effort go into something else. 

We can agree to differ, but much has been made on another thread of the importance of safety in crowd management. We may have a successful season (or we may not) and attendances may increase. See what happens when we get 25K + and there are more one-off spectators than there are ST holders in the stadium. In relative terms it is a very small thing to fix and will hardly divert significant resources from more important  matters, and as to some stadiums having this feature and some not, that is a misleading remark. Some venues are older. Ours is new. I'd be more convinced by that argument if you could name a ground completed in the last couple of years that lacks this most basic and obvious of signs.

Archived