IGNORED

Article on LJ in Bristol Post today...

BS4 on Tour...

18 hours ago, Xiled said:

Unfortunately the entire business model of the Evening Post and Western Daily Press is falling apart. There isn't enough revenue in the printed editions or the online pages to pay for decent journalism (or editorial scrutiny).

The Internet will eventually consign these papers to history. What's ironic is that if Gregor McBoatface checked a few facts on the Internet then we wouldn't be here debating the BEP's incompetence and further damaging their lingering existence.

When I lived in Hampshire in the 90s, the Western Daily Press was my only source for Bristol City news. My local newsagent ordered and delivered it for me in a town where I doubt anyone else even knew of the existence of the paper. It felt like an absolute lifeline as I had no desire to hear about Portsmouth or Southampton. 22 years later I could live on the other side of the world and watch every league match live for just over £100 a year.

Incredible really, but what future does the Evening Post have against that competition?

I did the same when I moved to darkest Devon, I used to look forward to it dropping through the door. I only found out later that someone else in the village had it delivered too but never did find out who.

Archived