IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

Ian M

19 hours ago, Cider red said:

pato has the technical ability of LT, but works hard and plays for the team. Very good player at this level. We're lucky to have him

Personally I think that LT, when he could be arsed was one of the most technical and most exciting players I've ever seen playing for city. The only problem was that he only turned up for 1 game in 10, with the other 9 plodding around like a disinterested teenager being dragged around Aldi by his parents.

glad we got shot.

I was pretty underwhelmed when we signed him as he came with a reputation of being inconsistent, I simply didn't think we could afford another luxury player, especially one who was inconsistent.

Theres no doubt that he seemed to fit the description of his reputation and didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Who knows if it's coincidence that his best football is now arriving concistantly after the departure of Tomlin (who cares), but LJ definitely deserves some praise as it looks like he's put his arm around Pato and given him a real sense of purpose and adventure which has brought the best out of Pato.

What I really like about our team is that if during the 90 mins LJ makes the decision to sub someone say Pato for example; then the player coming off the bench will definitely cause the opposition a real headache, and us a genuinely creative outlet capable of creating  or scoring themselves (Leko/Taylor/Eliasson eg)

Whatever job you do, it's great to feel appreciated and to feel like you make a difference, football is no difference and Pato I'm sure knows exactly that, long may it continue.

Archived