IGNORED

Are you more impressed with us going forward or our defending?

hoxton casual

Impressed by defending and go forward. Think we play a little way like the germans. Press, counterattack with many players involved. The key in our play is that we have a solid defending. Bigg guys who takes all in the air and helps eachother. Think we are a lttle bit naughty, its needed. It should hurt for our opponents. The whole team defends and attack like a unit. Think it looks very good, at the moment I dont see any weakness in City.

More solid for sure. Can absorb pressure and manage the game better. Our excellence going forward has also gone up a notch though- primarily due to Reid but overall much improved.

LJ has also improved his in-game management which has definitely contributed to this too...the right substitutions and tweaks at Derby away- get the feeling he would have made them this season at 3-0 or even 3-1.

On 10/2/2017 at 10:00, Red-Robbo said:

Bobby turning, feinting and slipping past defenders; Famara holding the ball up with two opponents on him and still getting a shot off.  ... These are the things that make us roar with delight.

But as an ex-full back myself, I've been particularly impressed with our defence.  Some crucial tackles have been made with a surgical precision that would impress Joe's dad! Also we are so much better organised back there than last season - when any free kick near our box seemed to equal a goal conceded.  When you're a defender your mistakes are amplified because they can lead to goals and of course no-one's perfect. When they invent the perfect defender every game will be a 0-0 draw!!! However, I do like our options. 

I'm particularly impressed with Nathan Baker. He had a quiet confidence about him, and is nearly always to be found in the right place at the right time.

Very clever, and shows off your journalist background :clapping:.

Archived