IGNORED

LJ nominated for manager of the month Aden Flint nominated for

iamalagerdrinker

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not having a go at you OP, but is it just me who finds these awards a bit meaningless and boring? 

I can understand player or manager of the season - but a month is just a flash in the pan. 

I think you are right, I guess it's just hits on the website they are after really. But, that said, in Flints case it just shows what a top professional he is leaving all the unsettlement of August behind and turning out performances which are potentially award winning. If we can carry on with this form there won't be many teams other than Premiership which will be able to tempt him away

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think you are right, I guess it's just hits on the website they are after really. But, that said, in Flints case it just shows what a top professional he is leaving all the unsettlement of August behind and turning out performances which are potentially award winning. If we can carry on with this form there won't be many teams other than Premiership which will be able to tempt him away

Good points. Hadn’t thought of it like that.

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not having a go at you OP, but is it just me who finds these awards a bit meaningless and boring? 

I can understand player or manager of the season - but a month is just a flash in the pan. 

Nice to get some recognition but you are right they are a distraction with the dreaded curse and all that guff

57 minutes ago, RedM said:

Good point, well made. 

The whole summer saga was creating quite a bitter taste in my mouth towards Flint, with his apparent desire to leave and not being "right to play". 

He has really impressed me since he's come back into the team and shown himself to be the talisman that we all know & love. 

Well done Aden! 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can I just congratulate the OP on having a fully charged device.

All too often we see these screen shots and the remaining battery power is in the single digits.

We should have a " Fully Charged Device Poster of the month award " 

Speaking of awards , I was guest of honour at a ceremony at the townhall last night and even made the papers this morning .

Just a word of warning read your invitations carefully  naturalists are not people who champion life in the buff.

:blush:

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Flint has had a very good month and as others will know, I am a big fan.

But more than Baker, Paterson or Diedhiou? All of them just as deserving for me..

Flints goals will stand out more than his defensive work so he gets more publicity than Baker

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can I just congratulate the OP on having a fully charged device.

All too often we see these screen shots and the remaining battery power is in the single digits.

Ahh...but ruled out for an award obviously for having plugged in by the bed overnight.... 07:49...

Archived