IGNORED

Disabled section in South Stand,

Redmycolour

35 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Can any disabled supporter let me know if you get wet on match day when raining, or is it covered enough to keep you dry, as I'm thinking of moving there from S20.finding it difficult to climb steps to my seat,thanks in advance, 

I would guess it would be dependant on what direction the wind is blowing & which direction the rain enters the stadium.

30 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

So it's not covered enough to keep you dry,I don't entend paying £284 to get wet,

As such, the stadium doesn’t have an enclosed roof like Wembley or The Principality Stadium (or whatever it’s called), so unless you’re sat up high with the stand roof completely over your head, you’re going to open to the elements, especially if sat towards the front of a stand. It’s the same throughout the world with regards to stadiums unless the disabled area has it’s own designated roof for the area.

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

As such, the stadium doesn’t have an enclosed roof like Wembley or The Principality Stadium (or whatever it’s called), so unless you’re sat up high with the stand roof completely over your head, you’re going to open to the elements, especially if sat towards the front of a stand. It’s the same throughout the world with regards to stadiums unless the disabled area has it’s own designated roof for the area.

Like the one at The Mem.

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

There is a disabled area behind me in the Lansdown.......never seen anyone use it. I'm guessing those seats are considerably more expensive.

They are probably the ones reserved for those on box/premium packages. Never seen anyone in there.

We've been to most games over the last 3 seasons, sat in the section at the front of the Dolman. Surprisingly it doesn't rain that often. Once or twice a season. 

4 hours ago, redmycolour said:

Can any disabled supporter let me know if you get wet on match day when raining, or is it covered enough to keep you dry, as I'm thinking of moving there from S20.finding it difficult to climb steps to my seat,thanks in advance, 

In 15/16 season we were in WC Section A9, and were sat behind the goal in front of SS, rather than on the curve of Dolman.  Photo below will give you an idea of our seats.

My shoes got a bit damp....once....that season.

Not sure whether we got lucky, but it was fine.  Personally I loved it there, but Joe wanted to go into the Lansdown A4 section.

Shout if you need any more info

C37BF60B-4D30-4EF3-B1AF-9D096687D749.jpeg

13 hours ago, redmycolour said:

So it's not covered enough to keep you dry,I don't entend paying £284 to get wet,

same can be said about every stand in the country if not the world,

if the wind and rain is driving then some in any stand will get wet

Archived