IGNORED

Steve Howard

Red under the bed

Guest simmos the gaffer
i read in the sun that we are offering £350,000

I'm confused  :dunno:

I heard it was £300k, and they wanted £500k. I can't see it happening unless they take Robbo in part/ex

wednesday did have £300 000 rejected,and luton did indeed demand £500 000.

cant see us stumping up that kind of cash.

i really do rate the bloke though,i think he would be a brilliant signing if we did get him.

For £500k I think you could get close to buying Sam Parkin. I think a release clause is triggered by something close to £750k. I'm not saying that i'd want either of them at the sums they are available but i'd rather have Parkin than Howard.

In the current transfer climate £500,000 for any 'league one' striker is far to much. I would say £200,000 tops for a decent striker at this level.

Clubs don't realise that they are asking big money for lower league stikers. After all they are not tried and tested at any other level.

MM

I think that what has happened is that transfer prices have fallen so much that it is no longer worthwhile for many clubs to offload there leading players for the sums given. The rewards for Swindon / Luton reaching Div 1 are far greater than the money that Howard & Parkin are realistically worth so it is in their interests to keep them unless someone is prepared to offer crazy money.

I think that what has happened is that transfer prices have fallen so much that it is no longer worthwhile for many clubs to offload there leading players for the sums given. The rewards for Swindon / Luton reaching Div 1 are far greater than the money that Howard & Parkin are realistically worth so it is in their interests to keep them unless someone is prepared to offer crazy money.

You stole my thunder, yes these players at current market value are only worth a few hundred thousand, so why on earth sell? unless the club is in crisis and are trying to reduce the wage bill there is little point in getting rid of their best players and seeing their gate recipts drop.

For example it was certainly not worth selling Murray to Reading, it was only that he was keen to try and make the Scotland team that HE wanted to play at a higher level. so understandably we reluctantly sold him.

Howard is a dead duck for me, if he had wanted to move he would have gone to Wednesday as he is a Yorkshire lad I think.

Archived