IGNORED

Clough senior vs Clough junior

Baldyman

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

3rd 0-0 draw on the road in succession.

25% possession

shots on target o

caught offside 1

Nige . You got a point tonight and maybe survival is everything but what do you reckon the old man might say about the anti-football that you're serving up ?

Fake head injuries & serial time wasting too.

Can't believe his old man would ever have tolerated that shit.

Just now, Chappers said:

Exactly. We can moan all we like, but Burton got an unexpected point away to an in form team. As I've said elsewhere, if City went away to a top Prem side and got a point like that we'd all be happy.

Would you really?

Do you want to see our players pretend they are injured?

Waste time from 6 minutes into a game?

Repeatedly stand in front of free kicks and kick the ball away?

Kick it into areas of the pitch where there isn't a team mate within 20 yards?

I certainly don't. 

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

So many bitter city fans tonight,  embarrassing 

Not bitter . Not embarrassing. Yes clough got a point  but cloughie would never have tolerated the gamesmanship on display tonight. The game being stopped 6 times for Burton "head injuries" was embarrassing . Me getting p@@@@d off about isn"t !

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Different time, different game. 

Results are everything. Clough Jnr got what he wanted tonight. Fair play to him. 

Wouldnt swap his team for our is a million years and I bet they never go 12 games unbeaten at this level. 

Why would you swap, Burton are a very small club with a limited budget who are unlikely to ever play Championship football again, once they finally get relegated. 

Disagree with anti-football like that in every way. I don't think that exploiting the rule about head injuries and wasting time should be tolerated in football. They did a job on us tonight though, they got what they were after.

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Fair play to Nigel he did a job on us to be fair . Lost 4 nil two in a row and needed to stifle us and did . 

No. Not fair play. He didn't make them play football. They didn't even try. 

Had the ref not been a gullible buffoon,  they'd have paid the price, even with City not firing on all cylinders. 

I would imagine his old man would be on spin cycle 500 in his grave had he been witness to Burton's shenanigans. 

39 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Had the ref not been a gullible buffoon,  they'd have paid the price, even with City not firing on all cylinders. 

I would imagine his old man would be on spin cycle 500 in his grave had he been witness to Burton's shenanigans. 

Hahahahaha, imagine that mind, the old man rotating in his grave.

3 hours ago, Chappers said:

Exactly. We can moan all we like, but Burton got an unexpected point away to an in form team. As I've said elsewhere, if City went away to a top Prem side and got a point like that we'd all be happy.

We would all be happy and rather confused,would the point count for the prem side and us the championship side at the end of the season,maybe I'm just getting old but I thought Burton at least were in the same league as us

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Sorry guys but Burton and Nigel Clough don't want your approval. They want results.

Fair point. 

I wouldn’t want to pay my hard earned to watch that utter horse shit though, personally. No intent to attack, no quality, diving, feigning injury all night, time wasting..... it was horrible to watch.

I had no axe to grind with Burton before last night. Now I hope they go down and sink without trace. 

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We would all be happy and rather confused,would the point count for the prem side and us the championship side at the end of the season,maybe I'm just getting old but I thought Burton at least were in the same league as us

Could be a cup game, or maybe I am dreaming of promotion. Just making the point that if City played like that to achieve a good result, against a team with considerably greater resources, few would be on here moaning. 75% possession, 4 shots on target. 

Can't believe people slamming Burton....They've got such limited resources and splashed a huge amount of cash (for them)on a striker who got injured for the season before a ball was even kicked.

They stitched us up but only in the same way villa and milwall did (be solid ...difficult to break down and frustrate )...and here's another thing GET USED TO IT !

If we want to challenge at the top end plenty of teams are going to do exactly that .

10 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Can't believe people slamming Burton....They've got such limited resources and splashed a huge amount of cash (for them)on a striker who got injured for the season before a ball was even kicked.

They stitched us up but only in the same way villa and milwall did (be solid ...difficult to break down and frustrate )...and here's another thing GET USED TO IT !

If we want to challenge at the top end plenty of teams are going to do exactly that .

If you think they played in the same way as Villa & Millwall did I'd suggest you visit the opticians.

Millwall were very long ball but had 10 corners (Burton had none) and pinned us in our own half for decent spells with high energy pressing.

We played far better in the Villa game but even then we just shaded possession.

Burton completely surrendered two thirds of the pitch and usually had 10 men behind the ball, they also had the lowest amount of possession of any side we have played this season.

It was like playing a non league side trying to keep the score down. I said to the people sitting by me it was like watching a game against San Marino.

The thing is, we need to find a way around it, if we keep beating teams that try to have at it and open to attack, then other teams will just see out the 2nd half of the season by what do you call it... "parking the bus" because they can see that it will grind to a goalless draw rather than a loss and thats what they would want vs a team thats currently in form and beating teams out for attack.

Gotta start thinking more creatively to get around these feckin buses!

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Terrible team . Terrible performance. A point is a point. Move on

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

If you think they played in the same way as Villa & Millwall did I'd suggest you visit the opticians.

Millwall were very long ball but had 10 corners (Burton had none) and pinned us in our own half for decent spells with high energy pressing.

We played far better in the Villa game but even then we just shaded possession.

Burton completely surrendered two thirds of the pitch and usually had 10 men behind the ball, they also had the lowest amount of possession of any side we have played this season.

It was like playing a non league side trying to keep the score down. I said to the people sitting by me it was like watching a game against San Marino.

Fair enough Burton didn't play the same way going forward as milwall and villa but their game plan was much the same. 

Keep shape without the ball , don't commit too many men forward , defend the edge of the box and play on the break. 

Villa obviously have significantly better attackers than Burton.  

Barnsley and derby both turned up trying to have a bit of a go at us and look at how it turned out for them. 

I agree about time wasting and fake injuries and think that's poor form but ultimately we couldn't break them down and bywater barely had a save to make (we can't blame the ref or time wasting for that). 

All of the above being said....unbeaten in 10 and up in the play offs. Great start to the season and we ourselves are difficult to beat and break down 

Archived