IGNORED

Leeds Fan In Peace

Cjay

20 hours ago, Cjay said:

Hello :shifty:

I'm a member of a Leeds forum and decided early September to go around our Championship rivals and have a bit of an old chat, ask questions etc, then post the threads on  our own forum to discuss. :yes:

My keyboard is behaving funny today, so im sorry if some of my typing is wrong, i shall try to correct it as i go.  

1) 20 points at this stage last season, 1 more point this  time around, whats the reason you seem to have these great starts?

2)You had a horrible run last season, November through to January, 1 win 12 defeats, are you confident Lee Johnson and the team wont allow that to happen again? 

3)On the subject of Lee Johnson, he came in last season, 17 games, 6 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats, nervous end but you survived, were you impressed with what he did in his spell last season?

4) There was talk he would get the sack,, was that something the fans wanted or not and if so did the fans have a replacement in mind?

5)You have started this season in fine form, what has most impressed you about your side this season?

6)We were linked with 2  of your defensive regulars in the summer, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint,, how important was it for you guys that  those 2 remained? 

7)Last season you  had  Tammy Abraham here,, did a great job, certainly looked impressive, how far can he go in the game?

8)Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, Famara Diédhiou,, you  keep finding these excellent strikers, be it on loan or for  relatively cheap  fees, who was the best of those 3 and why?

9) Bobby Reid, scored nearly half of of his career goals this season, how impressed are you with him, are you surprised, whats his best position, and what attributes make  him such a threat?

10)) Best and worst Championship side you have played this season?

11) Who will be promoted, who will be relegated and if you are  neither of those, where will you finish?

12)FFP, ask this on every forum, are you confident you have it under control? And thoughts on your chairman? good job bad job etc.

13)lastly, the match, score predictions for Bristol City vs Leeds? 

Thanks in advance for  any replies 

City 4 Leeds 0. And hopefully none of your lot in the home ends and if they are lets hope they keep there traps shut :yes:

16 hours ago, Cjay said:

Its to long, i went from hardly any questions on my first thread like this to tons, i shall cut back :yawn:

CJay, 

I'm interested in how you would compare our forum to yours? 

For instance, you post a genuine, well meaning post that gives some honest, well constructed answers. Others think that abstract retorts are required (it's all the Major's fault for doffing his army cap to a Reggie Perrin character). Amazingly, there haven't been any puns on this thread as yet!

So CJay,  your comparison between our forum and yours please. 

agree with the Major - not much to add. This season we look more energetic, confident and solid than last. Well worth the points we have so far, whereas last year it did seem we had garnered points without really playing well. That soon stopped. This season I think we have a deeper, stronger, more balanced squad - play offs certainly a target we should be aiming for.

1) 20 points at this stage last season, 1 more point this  time around, whats the reason you seem to have these great starts? This season we don't have Tomlin who, apparently, was the bad apple. Our squad is young, extremely fit and eager plus they have a years experience at this level now. Nathan Baker at the back is making a big difference, we look solid now.

2)You had a horrible run last season, November through to January, 1 win 12 defeats, are you confident Lee Johnson and the team wont allow that to happen again? See above about Tomlin. Lee J had his dad going through triple heart bypass surgery at the time as well. I'm sure that must have affected him.

3)On the subject of Lee Johnson, he came in last season, 17 games, 6 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats, nervous end but you survived, were you impressed with what he did in his spell last season? No. I was an advocate of removing him as he seemed totally out of his depth, In all honesty, it appears i was wrong but I don't think he would have survived if he was't a Johnson.

4) There was talk he would get the sack,, was that something the fans wanted or not and if so did the fans have a replacement in mind? The fan base was totally split. Replacement? A few names were mentioned but it didn't happen regardless.

5)You have started this season in fine form, what has most impressed you about your side this season? The 'press'. It's really good and we keep it going. You won't get any space or time at all unless we back off. Bobby Reid must be a nightmare to play against as he just never stops!

6)We were linked with 2  of your defensive regulars in the summer, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint,, how important was it for you guys that  those 2 remained? Joe B staying was important but Flinty has shown his worth since he got back in. I will be interested to see what happens in January now. If he does leave, it will cost! 

7)Last season you  had  Tammy Abraham here,, did a great job, certainly looked impressive, how far can he go in the game? Wherever he wants to go, he's awesome. Very level headed too. Still learning and he has a fair bit to learn but he's gonna be the business.

8)Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, Famara Diédhiou,, you  keep finding these excellent strikers, be it on loan or for  relatively cheap  fees, who was the best of those 3 and why? 3 totally different players. Tammy is the best finisher by a long way, Kodjia probably the best footballer and Fammy the best team player. He's still coming to terms with the English game but he definitely has something about him.

9) Bobby Reid, scored nearly half of of his career goals this season, how impressed are you with him, are you surprised, whats his best position, and what attributes make  him such a threat? As a midfielder, I would probably have shipped him out last summer as you can't be a promising youngster forever. Up top, he's a totally different player. Fair play to LJ for spotting it.

10)) Best and worst Championship side you have played this season? Wolves by a street and Burton, they were horrible. Funnily enough, I thought Birmingham were crap too yet it's our only defeat. We heven't played Fulham yet but they lokked very good on the tele v QPR.

11) Who will be promoted, who will be relegated and if you are  neither of those, where will you finish? Wolves should win it, 'Boro up, maybe Villa in the PO's'. Burton, Bolton and possibly Sunderland to drop. Us, about 10-12th, I would be happy with that.

12)FFP, ask this on every forum, are you confident you have it under control? And thoughts on your chairman? good job bad job etc.We're working towards 'sustainability' and the new stadium obviously makes a huge difference to income. Our owner? There aren't many better TBH. City fan, minted and he's invested as and when he needed to. He's made mistakes but it looks like we're finally getting it right.

13)lastly, the match, score predictions for Bristol City vs Leeds? 3-1 home win, you seem to have stalled lately and generally don't do too well at our place. You have a very strong side but are, obviously, missing Woods, any ideas on replacements in January? IF we are on our game, it will take a good side to beat us so I'm cautiously confident. Jansson is some defender though! 

21 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Cjay will you be at the game 

if so pop around to the fans zone 

we have live bands and  its a friendly place to be 

come back after the game and let us know what you think 

I wont no, unfortunately not, dont get to go as often as id like, quite a few on the forum im on will be i think though. 

8 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

He did Peg, he did. 

It would only gave been understood by those of a certain age.  

I'm trying to use other well known phrases from the classic late 70's tv show but can't. Its a bit of a balls up on the cockup front by me here. 

I didn't get where I am today without realising that the OP was in the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

Super.

Great.

I wasnt born, any 70s based banter will go whoosh over my head :clapping:

6 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

CJay, 

I'm interested in how you would compare our forum to yours? 

For instance, you post a genuine, well meaning post that gives some honest, well constructed answers. Others think that abstract retorts are required (it's all the Major's fault for doffing his army cap to a Reggie Perrin character). Amazingly, there haven't been any puns on this thread as yet!

So CJay,  your comparison between our forum and yours please. 

Erm i havent actually been on our forum to long, long time reader but only started posting last few months.Yours is more active, ours has had a bit of a drop, not sure from when but its noticeably less busy then it used top be, but still fun .

I dont mind banter, this is my 5th one of these threads so its water of a ducks back :thumbsup:

Also dont live in Leeds so banter from opposition fans is part of my day to day life :whistle:

11 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Erm i havent actually been on our forum to long, long time reader but only started posting last few months.Yours is more active, ours has had a bit of a drop, not sure from when but its noticeably less busy then it used top be, but still fun .

I dont mind banter, this is my 5th one of these threads so its water of a ducks back :thumbsup:

Also dont live in Leeds so banter from opposition fans is part of my day to day life :whistle:

Got out as soon as you could?

On 16/10/2017 at 17:10, Cjay said:

Happens quite a bit, he goes charging down the right like Cafu reborn, wonderful when it works, but recently it hasnt, and then he is out of position, ball into the space he left and one of the cbs has to go out there, end result tons of open spaces because Ayling cant get back in time

This is exactly why we were right to sell Ayling - it reminded me of all the reasons why I have never missed him despite, by many accounts and posts last season, many people saying he was a premier league right back in waiting and only sold because of the racecourse debacle.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

1) 20 points at this stage last season, 1 more point this  time around, whats the reason you seem to have these great starts? This season we don't have Tomlin who, apparently, was the bad apple. Our squad is young, extremely fit and eager plus they have a years experience at this level now. Nathan Baker at the back is making a big difference, we look solid now.

Surprised to hear that, always rated Tomlin, but guess you dont know what he is like behind closed doors.

2)You had a horrible run last season, November through to January, 1 win 12 defeats, are you confident Lee Johnson and the team wont allow that to happen again? See above about Tomlin. Lee J had his dad going through triple heart bypass surgery at the time as well. I'm sure that must have affected him.

Ah, well yeah that would im sure, must have been hard to concentrate on the training pitch etc.

3)On the subject of Lee Johnson, he came in last season, 17 games, 6 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats, nervous end but you survived, were you impressed with what he did in his spell last season? No. I was an advocate of removing him as he seemed totally out of his depth, In all honesty, it appears i was wrong but I don't think he would have survived if he was't a Johnson.

Guess it helps when your old man is a popular figure, got him more time.

4) There was talk he would get the sack,, was that something the fans wanted or not and if so did the fans have a replacement in mind? The fan base was totally split. Replacement? A few names were mentioned but it didn't happen regardless.

5)You have started this season in fine form, what has most impressed you about your side this season? The 'press'. It's really good and we keep it going. You won't get any space or time at all unless we back off. Bobby Reid must be a nightmare to play against as he just never stops!

"the press" thats not good for us, since thats what has caused us problems recently.

6)We were linked with 2  of your defensive regulars in the summer, Joe Bryan and Aden Flint,, how important was it for you guys that  those 2 remained? Joe B staying was important but Flinty has shown his worth since he got back in. I will be interested to see what happens in January now. If he does leave, it will cost! 

£12m was quoted for both, i cant imagine our chairman paying that, but if they keep playing well other clubs with cash may, guess thats the worry.

7)Last season you  had  Tammy Abraham here,, did a great job, certainly looked impressive, how far can he go in the game? Wherever he wants to go, he's awesome. Very level headed too. Still learning and he has a fair bit to learn but he's gonna be the business.

Not a bad bunch to learn from when he goes back to Chelsea.

8)Jonathan Kodjia, Tammy Abraham, Famara Diédhiou,, you  keep finding these excellent strikers, be it on loan or for  relatively cheap  fees, who was the best of those 3 and why? 3 totally different players. Tammy is the best finisher by a long way, Kodjia probably the best footballer and Fammy the best team player. He's still coming to terms with the English game but he definitely has something about him.

I like Kodjia best, id take him if  was given the option, Tammy maybe in a few years.

9) Bobby Reid, scored nearly half of of his career goals this season, how impressed are you with him, are you surprised, whats his best position, and what attributes make  him such a threat? As a midfielder, I would probably have shipped him out last summer as you can't be a promising youngster forever. Up top, he's a totally different player. Fair play to LJ for spotting it.

Yeah, you cant be Theo Walcott forever, still was getting called a talented youngster in his mid 20s.

10)) Best and worst Championship side you have played this season? Wolves by a street and Burton, they were horrible. Funnily enough, I thought Birmingham were crap too yet it's our only defeat. We heven't played Fulham yet but they lokked very good on the tele v QPR.

Wolves look the business, but its pretty obvious Jorge is using them to promote his players, win win for him.

11) Who will be promoted, who will be relegated and if you are  neither of those, where will you finish? Wolves should win it, 'Boro up, maybe Villa in the PO's'. Burton, Bolton and possibly Sunderland to drop. Us, about 10-12th, I would be happy with that.

Dont get the universal Boro love in tbh.

12)FFP, ask this on every forum, are you confident you have it under control? And thoughts on your chairman? good job bad job etc.We're working towards 'sustainability' and the new stadium obviously makes a huge difference to income. Our owner? There aren't many better TBH. City fan, minted and he's invested as and when he needed to. He's made mistakes but it looks like we're finally getting it right.

Cant ask for much more.

13)lastly, the match, score predictions for Bristol City vs Leeds? 3-1 home win, you seem to have stalled lately and generally don't do too well at our place. You have a very strong side but are, obviously, missing Woods, any ideas on replacements in January? IF we are on our game, it will take a good side to beat us so I'm cautiously confident. Jansson is some defender though! 

Its gone wrong, not to worried yet, new team, new system, takes time, at our best we are very good, some of our football wouldnt look out of place in the top leagues. Unfortunately at our worst we wouldn't look out of place in the bottom ones, we have some very gifted players, Samu Saiz has shone, Gianni Alioski in our good run was exceptional, Lasogga had his moments, Ayling, Pontus etc, just seem to have hit a bit of a blip.Wood was an exceptional goalscorer, but not a great player imo, he didnt make his own chances, so in that respect we were limited, if we couldnt get the ball around the box for Wood, not much happened. This season we have more options, i think our biggest loss was Kyle Bartley, not Chris Wood, Bartley and Pontus were exceptional last season. Replacement wise, Lasogga has talent, probably more so then Wood, his career has stalled but at one point not that long ago he was seen as the next Germany number 9, not a target man sort of player, technically better then Wood, but seems to be struggling with fitness. His girlfriend was expecting there 1st child since he arrived so he has been flying back and forth to Germany, hopefully now she has had it he will kick on from his impressive first few games.

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Got out as soon as you could?

Never was there, im not a leeds lad , my dad picked them as a kid, i followed suit, some say glory supporter but there was no glory when he picked them, and ive had very little to celebrate since i was born either :grr:

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

This is exactly why we were right to sell Ayling - it reminded me of all the reasons why I have never missed him despite, by many accounts and posts last season, many people saying he was a premier league right back in waiting and only sold because of the racecourse debacle.

I dont know anything about that.

I will say, since we signed him, up until the last few games, he has been very consistent, 7 or 8 almost every game, yes he goes racing off like a race horse before the gun at times, but until the last few games he was rarely caught out of position. Id go as far to say behind Pontus Jansson (who is basically a god) Luke Ayling has been our most solid performer since he joined. 

46 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Never was there, im not a leeds lad , my dad picked them as a kid, i followed suit, some say glory supporter but there was no glory when he picked them, and ive had very little to celebrate since i was born either :grr:

Know how that feels, Bipolar City FC very rarely do anything worth getting excited about. Fortunately it seems like things are changing. RE selling Ayling, it seemed like he was forced out after the piss-in-cup-on-famous-racecourse incident. He never really suited Cotterill, shame really.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Know how that feels, Bipolar City FC very rarely do anything worth getting excited about. Fortunately it seems like things are changing. RE selling Ayling, it seemed like he was forced out after the piss-in-cup-on-famous-racecourse incident. He never really suited Cotterill, shame really.

Players ploughing there teammates wives and girlfriends and sister in laws, thats ok "club legends"Ayling gets caught short and he is sold:facepalm:

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

Players ploughing there teammates wives and girlfriends and sister in laws, thats ok "club legends"Ayling gets caught short and he is sold:facepalm:

Don't believe this rumour Cjay, basically the club , mistakenly , thought they'd bought an upgrade in Adam Matthews from Sunderland, who was very good on loan but absolute rubbish when we signed him on a permanent transfer .

We also had Little who was adequate as a back up .

Bill ( Ayling) had interest from your club and all parties thought the deal was good , so no conspiracy.

These days at City  " bad eggs " are bombed out , Lee Tomlin being the latest. 

Archived