IGNORED

Any guitarists here?

BRISTOL86

I’ve recently re-taken up the glorious hobby that is music and I’m looking for a great tutor who can inspire and challenge me to reach my goals.

If anyone here plays or can recommend a tutor then id be much obliged. Half the ones I’ve reached out to online either don’t even bother returning calls/emails or can barely be bothered to speak to you about it. 

13 hours ago, Nibor said:

If you haven't found it yet use Justin Sandercoe's stuff.  

Also worth getting a copy of tuxguitar (basically free guitarpro) and downloading some tabs if you want to learn particular songs.

Never had a tutor myself so can't help there sorry.

Yea I’ve already done Justin’s course in chunks - it’s excellent - but I need some face to face time with an actual tutor to clear the next hurdle. I lack the discipline to stick rigidly to the course when I have no external pressures. 

Do you play?

41 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Save the money just go on YouTube.

For most people it will only take you so far.  I’ve been YouTube-ing for 18 months and have reached my ceiling really  

A great teacher (seems a rare breed) is always going to be able to help you advance whatever level you’re at. 

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yea I’ve already done Justin’s course in chunks - it’s excellent - but I need some face to face time with an actual tutor to clear the next hurdle. I lack the discipline to stick rigidly to the course when I have no external pressures. 

Do you play?

Calling it playing would be generous!  No about the same as you, followed videos online, read a few books and practised a bit with a mate.  I'd like to get some real lessons at some point but no real time at the moment.

Archived