IGNORED

Parking around Ashton Gate

Greenman15

18 hours ago, Erithacus said:

The original ground, with little in the way of grandstanding, was off to the right from today's pitch in the early 1900s. Its outline now partly lies under a blocks of flats and the old bowling green on Duckmoor Road. By around the middle of WWI the current ground was located where it is today, and had some earthwork/grandstands. At the same time, there were a few houses built close to the Ashton Road entrance, almost opposite the old Wedlock pub, including the old 'shed' that used to be at the back of the Open End; the rest of the area around the Gate was still to be properly developed.

download (6).png

21 hours ago, DevonRed794 said:

I always park in Bedminster Cricket Club, easy for me (heading out of the city after the game towards the M5), £5, good group of folk run the carpark and they seem to be around before and after the game, which is reassuring for security. Decent beer and prices in the cricket club pavilion too. I would rather pay the £5 than face the hassle of parking in Hotwells for free which I used to do. Far more convenient.

I usually get there about 90mins before kick off, never an issue finding a space, it's a big site!

there are 2 parking sites, the one nearest rounham hill is easier to get out of as there are 2 exits.

Archived