IGNORED

Gordon Ramsay on cocaine.....TV programme.

Tipps69

3 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

America have gone down the avenue of legalising things, like gun laws / ownership & look where it’s got them, they are stuck with anyone & everyone owning guns & it’s led to many mass shootings & with people being unwilling to give up their legal rights!! And gangs won’t just disappear because stuff has been legalised, they will turn to something else because they want something for nothing or for as very little as possible, so it will just force them to move onto something else or just help to introduce a new drug if they ever decided to move away from the current class A drugs!!

And no I don’t, I don’t drink alcohol, I’ve seen the damage it does first hand having run pubs & been a taxi driver in the past, I’ve had enough dealings with people who think they’re big & clever through alcohol or drugs to last me a lifetime!

The answer isn’t to legalise everything that is illegal because then the amount of people using it will increase four-fold. If it’s legalised & is too expensive for people to partake in, someone will make a cheaper version even more dirty than it currently is. Causing even more harm to those taking it & to innocent family members or those caught up in accidents by those using it.

But you originally stated that my daughter would see ‘coke’ being taken & it’s affects when she goes to University or to nightclubs etc, the point is my daughter is 14 years-old & isn’t old enough to go to University or nightclubs, as she isn’t old enough to be involved with anything sexual because it’s not appropriate at her age.

As it is, my daughter has probably seen far more than most kids her age having grown up in pubs but that doesn’t mean I’d be happy to have her watch people getting out of their faces on class A drugs, there are some things that kids just shouldn’t see first hand even if they do see it on TV or in films.

There’s a reason why children aren’t allowed to drink alcohol, smoke or watch things they shouldn’t (although the vast majority do) it’s because the vast majority aren’t mature enough to deal with it!! And allowing class A drugs to be done legally is one of those things (or I’d like to believe that is the case as far as my 14 year-old daughter is concerned).

If you would be happy to let your child to witness drug taking & the after affects of such actions then that’s your prerogative & maybe I’m just an over protective dad but I definitely don’t think it’s appropriate for any child to see.

Decriminalisation of drugs in Europe did not lead to four fold increases. One of its major impacts in the Czech republic and Portugal is less people dying when using hard drugs. Far more people die from drug use in the UK. Britain has a wider drug use problem than Portugal and experiences far more deaths via wider use of drugs like synthetics.

It would be possible to decriminalise drugs and create legislation where use was restricted to specific regulated licenced premises. At present drug use can already be witnessed anywhere because the UK's criminalisation is a complete and total failure .

20 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m just watching the first episode on catch-up & as someone who has grown up around friends who did this shit & as someone who has ran pubs in the past & known about the amount of this shit that has been done in the pubs I have run in Bedminster, Yeovil, Poole, Portsmouth & Burnham-On-Sea amongst other places, for Ramsay to get the open realisation that this shit is being done throughout his own restaurants in England by his own staff & his customers has made him & I guess the watching public realise just how much of a norm it is for this shit to be done.

He spent a Thursday afternoon in Bournemouth with a traffic cop, they caught 2 people while on the school run who had ‘coke’ in their system, one of these 2 had their 2 kids in the car, the other was on his way to pick his kid up!! It’s wrong!! And some of you may say it’s harmless & that it doesn’t do any harm, well sorry but you need to think again!!

I can honestly say with hand on heart & on my daughters life that I have never done any of this sort of shit & I have gone to large lengths to try & stop this shit being done in premises I have run, from the usual of putting Vaseline on any flat surface in the toilets to putting WD40 down (which is illegal) to cementing stone chippings down on flat surfaces to try & make it impossible to put the powder down on a flat surface!!

I’ve had arguments with ‘cokeheads’ who have got all upset because they’ve lost their money because their ‘coke’ is stuck to my Vaseline or WD40, I’ve arguments with people with bloody noses because they’ve still done their ‘coke’ off of surfaces that are covered with WD40!!

I’ve even had to constantly patrol the men’s toilets to make sure people aren’t doing it & despite the lengths I’ve gone to to stop it being done, I’ve walked in to catch men in their 50’s doing it off the back of their hands!!

And by far the worse places were Bedminster & Yeovil! And to be totally honest, I was glad I got out of the trade!!

This isn’t something that is just done by youngsters or just by people that are seemingly ‘cokeheads’ or ‘smackheads’ or whatever else you want to call them, this is done by people who are in their 40’s, 50’s & even 60’s & not just by people who are out of work or doing ‘dead end’ jobs, some of these people own & run their own businesses or work in high position jobs & it’s not just on weekends or on the nighttime, it throughout the week & during the days as well, 24/7!!

Maybe as someone who has never done this shit, I don’t know what the fascination is with it but I’ve seen the mess it can leave many people in & it would never tempt me to ever try this shit!! It ruins lives & not just the lives of those who take it but those of their nearest & dearest & their friends & all for what? A couple of hours kick?

And having just seen the process of how ‘coke’ is made in Columbia (on this programme), it’s more than just a little shocking because it’s no wonder people die on this shit with what they’ve just showed makes it!!

This isn’t about me trying to preach to those of you who do this shit, this is more of a case of making everyone aware about this shit because I’d hope that if you actually seen the affects this shit has on lives here & what ‘ingredients’ go into making this shit, it may make you all realise just how damaging this shit is & just how ‘popular’ it is....... Unfortunately!!

Having watched it, and seen the refining process, I would suggest this, more than anything else should be shown in schools,not the after effects,not the cost, not the downward spiral, just show them the refining process.  It honestly shocked me, I knew there were a few nasties as part of the process, but that is crazy.

I am just glad I do not have an addictive personality or a interest in taking drugs.

1 minute ago, TRL said:

Having watched it, and seen the refining process, I would suggest this, more than anything else should be shown in schools,not the after effects,not the cost, not the downward spiral, just show them the refining process.  It honestly shocked me, I knew there were a few nasties as part of the process, but that is crazy.

I am just glad I do not have an addictive personality or a interest in taking drugs.

Exactly this, you wouldn’t poison your worst enemy (if you were that way inclined) with what goes into it & you’d end up putting up your own nose (if you were that way inclined).

I just wondered what Albert Einstein doppelgänger came up with & actually tried out this concoction & decided it was a great thing to do on a regular basis to give himself a kick? Because to knowingly stick those items up your nose separately would be bad enough but to stick them all together & shove them up your nose must surely prove that you had very few brain cells to start with let alone after doing this, particularly if you do this on a regular basis!

17 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

America have gone down the avenue of legalising things, like gun laws / ownership & look where it’s got them, they are stuck with anyone & everyone owning guns & it’s led to many mass shootings & with people being unwilling to give up their legal rights!! And gangs won’t just disappear because stuff has been legalised, they will turn to something else because they want something for nothing or for as very little as possible, so it will just force them to move onto something else or just help to introduce a new drug if they ever decided to move away from the current class A drugs!!

America has legalised guns with almost no legislation. Switzerland also has very high gun ownership and it is very common for people to carry hand guns. Yet their legislation means that it has one of the lowest violent crime and homicide rates in the world. 

I'm not a gun advocate but it is not as simple as something being legal/illegal as to how they are used. Alcohol is legal but there are laws, like you must be a certain age, cannot be served if drunk, drunk and disorderly offences etc. No one is suggesting that you just straight up legalise drugs and say "off you go, enjoy yourselves on that". 

It may be that you can only buy and use it in certain places, similar to cannabis bars in the Netherlands. I'm no expert on drugs as other than alcohol and prescription drugs, I've never done anything. But you can control it, tax it and reduce drug related crime which includes murder, blackmail, trafficking, torture and slavery. 

12 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

America has legalised guns with almost no legislation. Switzerland also has very high gun ownership and it is very common for people to carry hand guns. Yet their legislation means that it has one of the lowest violent crime and homicide rates in the world. 

I'm not a gun advocate but it is not as simple as something being legal/illegal as to how they are used. Alcohol is legal but there are laws, like you must be a certain age, cannot be served if drunk, drunk and disorderly offences etc. No one is suggesting that you just straight up legalise drugs and say "off you go, enjoy yourselves on that". 

It may be that you can only buy and use it in certain places, similar to cannabis bars in the Netherlands. I'm no expert on drugs as other than alcohol and prescription drugs, I've never done anything. But you can control it, tax it and reduce drug related crime which includes murder, blackmail, trafficking, torture and slavery. 

Difference with guns in these countries in Switzerland everyone was encouraged to have a gun to help protect the country whereas in the US it is about protecting oneself.  That needs changing.

Trouble is taxing drugs is just moving the problem elsewhere and enables those who may never have tried to try it.. that leads to disaster.. Especially in a country where you can carry weapons.

This leads to more homeless. A bigger burden on hospitals and many more lives ruined.

You make good points about lowering certain types of crime trafficking slavery. But I am sure something else will replace drugs to prop up criminal markets.

Awkward one to combat innit!

In part 2, Ramsay goes Honduras which is considered the epicentre of the ‘coke’ world, in the last 2 months (from when this programme was recorded) there has been 430 murders due to ‘coke’!! That’s a ridiculous amount of murders!!

And the fact that they ‘export’ £10b of ‘coke’ a year!!

The figures involved are astonishing, the amount of money, murders & ’coke’ involved!!

On 24/10/2017 at 13:48, Collis1 said:

Which is why it should be legalised. End the war on drugs, its been a complete failure.

The trouble is legalising it sends out the message that theres not much wrong with it.  Many youngsters think that taking drugs is all a bit of fun and experimenting with such thing is quite trendy. I’m in my fifties and life expirence has thought me that all types of drug abuse eventually cause misery for most people. The devastation that drugs caused to many of my peers has been staggering for what seemed like a harmless bit of fun at the time!

Archived