IGNORED

Europa league......

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The whole concept of a two legged semi final really annoys me. 

You say that but if we were to make it and draw United, we'd have both an away game at Old Trafford AND a chance to take them on at home to look forward to.  The thing that worries me the most with any two-leg tie is getting smashed 5-0 in the first leg and then having a sell out crowd watching a dead rubber back at home.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You say that but if we were to make it and draw United, we'd have both an away game at Old Trafford AND a chance to take them on at home to look forward to.  The thing that worries me the most with any two-leg tie is getting smashed 5-0 in the first leg and then having a sell out crowd watching a dead rubber back at home.

That would be awful for the United fans, but just imagine the look on Jose's face after we beat them 5-0 in the first leg.

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My objection to the two legged semi is that it all but eliminates any chance of a real giant killing. 

Its one thing for a club like ours going toe to toe with - say - Man City at home and maybe scraping a win on pens, but to be better than a side like that over two legs is nigh on impossible. 

42 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My objection to the two legged semi is that it all but eliminates any chance of a real giant killing. 

Its one thing for a club like ours going toe to toe with - say - Man City at home and maybe scraping a win on pens, but to be better than a side like that over two legs is nigh on impossible. 

Fair comment, can't argue with that.

Archived