IGNORED

Avon & Somerset Police taxi's for hire

Alan Dicks' Barmy Army

COPS gave Britain’s most notorious football thug a lift to the pub because it was raining when he left a match.

Dozens of fellow Leeds United fans clambered into a convoy of police vans with Aaron Cawley, 26 — who five years ago punched ex-England goalie Chris Kirkland on TV.

The lout, who got four months jail for the attack on the Sheffield Wednesday keeper, was among chanting supporters who swigged from cans during the ride after Leeds won 3-0 at Bristol City.

The brute got four months jail for the attack in 2012

Leeds fan Cliff Silk, 53, who filmed them, told how 40 of them got lifts in four vans on Saturday.

The warehouse worker said: “A police officer came up to me and asked where we needed to be.

“I told him we wanted to get to the Wetherspoons pub near the station. He said ‘No problem’ and we got in the vans.”

Another fan, Paul Gott, said: “It was p****** down. The coppers didn’t want to walk behind us.”

Cawley, of Cheltenham, Gloucs — who won a legal challenge after being banned from games — tweeted triumphantly: “Getting a lift in a police van without handcuffs on, that’s a first for me.”

Avon and Somerset Police said: “We moved several Leeds fans from outside a public house used by Bristol City fans.”

They had some Leeds twerp on Radio Bristol the other day painting a very rosy picture of about 30/40 fans that left the ground and asked a copper the way to TM. They were told to follow Coronation Road but when they tried to get in a pub for a "quick pint", the police stopped them and ended up giving them a lift in 4 riot vans as they didn't fancy following them and getting wet. Only flaw in his bullcrap story is that the pub they tried to get into was the Robins which is in the completely opposite direction.

Facebook comments of Leeds fans involved in that group suggests they were on the prowl but that "Bristol weren't up for it"..............probably as they targeted the Robins which is generally a family pub.

12 minutes ago, frenchred said:

With each misguided tweet, each misguided action (this and the baton welding thug) my respect for A & S finest has dwindled to around zero. Clueless inept bunch, all of them

Yeah imagine having the nerve to diffuse a potentially troublesome situation by moving a large and rowdy bunch of troublemakers. 

50 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

COPS gave Britain’s most notorious football thug a lift to the pub because it was raining when he left a match.

Dozens of fellow Leeds United fans clambered into a convoy of police vans with Aaron Cawley, 26 — who five years ago punched ex-England goalie Chris Kirkland on TV.

The lout, who got four months jail for the attack on the Sheffield Wednesday keeper, was among chanting supporters who swigged from cans during the ride after Leeds won 3-0 at Bristol City.

The brute got four months jail for the attack in 2012

Leeds fan Cliff Silk, 53, who filmed them, told how 40 of them got lifts in four vans on Saturday.

The warehouse worker said: “A police officer came up to me and asked where we needed to be.

“I told him we wanted to get to the Wetherspoons pub near the station. He said ‘No problem’ and we got in the vans.”

Another fan, Paul Gott, said: “It was p****** down. The coppers didn’t want to walk behind us.”

Cawley, of Cheltenham, Gloucs — who won a legal challenge after being banned from games — tweeted triumphantly: “Getting a lift in a police van without handcuffs on, that’s a first for me.”

Avon and Somerset Police said: “We moved several Leeds fans from outside a public house used by Bristol City fans.”

Surely this thug is banned from football for life?, if not why not?.

I saw this group - complete idiots, they we're giving the big 'un towards the bus stop queue ( mostly OAP's and families) and then went towards the Robins with the outstretched arms come on then gesture that they all do. The police were quickly on the scene on foot and horseback and moved them on . Clearly Leeds thought the City firm might be in there. They weren't.

A load of police vans arrived when this group were by Sainsburys - I assume the OB put them in the vans as their route was going to take them past the 3 Lions.

Oh, and the news story refers to "dozens of Leeds fans......and a convoy of vans" . There was about 20 fans, and I saw 2 vans and 1 police estate car!. 4 police horses as well and no - none had been punched as far as I saw

1 minute ago, Donkeeebles said:

It says in the original post he won a legal challenge, I'm assuming that's why he's no longer banned. 

I thought that the ban had another year to run and he was investigated for getting a ticket and attending an away game whilst the ban was in force.

I would have thought that if running on to the pitch and punching a player doesn’t carry a life ban, what does?.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I thought that the ban had another year to run and he was investigated for getting a ticket and attending an away game whilst the ban was in force.

I would have thought that if running on to the pitch and punching a player doesn’t carry a life ban, what does?.

I asked myself exactly the same question 

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah imagine having the nerve to diffuse a potentially troublesome situation by moving a large and rowdy bunch of troublemakers. 

Can't agree B86. Why does carrying a threat and acting like complete tossers mean you get preferential treatment? A free taxi ride essentially. Something you and I and 99% of non thuggery tossers would have to pay £15 odd quid on, at least? And how much police time did this little taxi service take? Bit of a urine extraction if you ask me. 

27 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

It says in the original post he won a legal challenge, I'm assuming that's why he's no longer banned. 

He's allowed to go to Leeds away games providing the home club sell him a ticket directly. This is the legal challenge he won.

He's banned from Elland Road til next year.

5 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Around the robins pub which clearly they thought was full of city 'lads' :facepalm:

One of them posted on Facebook that they'd been moved by the Police because the Old Bill didn't want to follow them around in the rain after they'd walked into the Robins and our fans "didn't want to know".

....The Robins:blink:

IMG_5222.PNG

22 minutes ago, lenred said:

Can't agree B86. Why does carrying a threat and acting like complete tossers mean you get preferential treatment? A free taxi ride essentially. Something you and I and 99% of non thuggery tossers would have to pay £15 odd quid on, at least? And how much police time did this little taxi service take? Bit of a urine extraction if you ask me. 

Probably less time than controlling the potential aggro if they hadn’t done anything 

14 minutes ago, Big C said:

Probably less time than controlling the potential aggro if they hadn’t done anything 

I know, just makes me seriously cross that by threatening trouble they get rewarded. Make em walk and if they cause any trouble treat them accordingly.  Same as any of us. 

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

He's allowed to go to Leeds away games providing the home club sell him a ticket directly. This is the legal challenge he won.

He's banned from Elland Road til next year.

So Bristol City knowingly sold a supporter with a previous history for running onto the pitch and striking a player a ticket?

WOW! 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

I know, just makes me seriously cross that by threatening trouble they get rewarded. Make em walk and if they cause any trouble treat them accordingly.  Same as any of us. 

But by causing trouble there could be injuries and/or property damage and if that happened I’m sure there would be people moaning that the police could see it was going to happen and just stood and done nothing. In this case they are damned if they do or damned if they don’t 

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

So Bristol City knowingly sold a supporter with a previous history for running onto the pitch and striking a player a ticket?

WOW! 

Dunno if City did as its at their discretion but I know he got into Carrow Road.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/crime/leeds-united-probe-as-banned-fan-aaron-cawley-is-pictured-at-norwich-game-1-8225275

Edit: May not have purchased it himself. But certainly wasn't thrown out by Norwich.

Archived