IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Main problem is that at QF stage, prem teams take it more seriously with the prospect of silverware and a place in Europe at stake.

All those teams at this stage will playing to win it now. If we progress any further, that would be amazing.

I say, let's have a big game at the Gate and enjoy the day as well as the lift it will give to everyone at the club.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

On the plus side, at least visiting fans are under a roof now. Pretty sure that every time I went to Dean Court in the past I got soaked.

Last time I went there I got very very drunk. It was a stag do and I'm sure we left at HT as we were 3-0 down. Can't be sure though. Great weekend tho (obvs) 

Anyone at home, for a 2 reasons, 1) West Ham, Bournemouth and Leicester are beatable at home so a half decent chance at getting a semi! 2) Getting Man U, Man C, Arsenal or Chelsea will guarantee 27k and one of the best atmospheres at Ashton Gate for as long as I can remember.

12 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I got:

Match 1 : Leicester City vs Chelsea

Match 2 : Manchester City vs West Ham United

Match 3 : Arsenal vs Manchester United

Match 4 : Bristol City vs Bournemouth

Could be worse.

Would only be better if Man City were playing Chelsea, then 2 of the 4 big clubs left are definitely out.

6 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Anyone at home, for a 2 reasons, 1) West Ham, Bournemouth and Leicester are beatable at home so a half decent chance at getting a semi! 2) Getting Man U, Man C, Arsenal or Chelsea will guarantee 27k and one of the best atmospheres at Ashton Gate for as long as I can remember.

Will it..? Or will it be full of plastic prem fans and glory hunters jumping on the bandwagon, who probably don’t even know the words to “come on you Reds”!

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Will it..? Or will it be full of plastic prem fans and glory hunters jumping on the bandwagon, who probably don’t even know the words to “come on you Reds”!

Probably depends on the match.

If we play well- even if we lose- and fight for every ball, create a few chances then we could probably pick up a few new fans.

If we won we almost definitely would.

If we're crap and roll over then they will be exactly as you describe.

Remember that the QFs are right in the middle of the busy Christmas period. 

If we were to draw West Ham or Bournemouth or even Leicester and they happened to be struggling in the league by Christmas would they really focus their attentions on the League Cup? I think they'd fancy themselves to beat us even if they did make 6 or 7 changes. Especially if they were at home. 

And if we can beat changed Watford, Stoke, and Palace sides I fancy we could upset a changed West Ham, Bournemouth, or Leicester side. 

I don't think there is a bad draw to be had necessarily. 

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There were Man City fans saying they had never heard of Wolves before their game!

Amd they still needed penalties to beat Wolves reserves.

18 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Those are not real football fans in my opinion.

Those are people who would never have heard of Man City when they were buying Shaun Goater from us ......

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whilst I completely agree, that's the same for any club below the Premier League. I would say all grounds from the Championship to League 2 would sell out if any of the big boys came to town. We got 22-24k in our last two home games so an extra 4-5000 people added to our attendance can only help the revenue for the club.

58 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is it 4pm yet ? 

1 hour and 40 minutes here, problem is we are 2 hour in front of the UK, so 18.00 here.  Lets face it we are not likely to win the Cup, so pack the Gate, anyone bar Bournemouth,  Leicester or West Ham home please.   COYR's

I have a theory that later stages of the cup draw is always fixed for Sky. Call me bonkers, but I predict a Manchester derby and Chelsea v Arsenal. Both of these games would be televised. The winners of these respective games would more than likely win the semis, so set up a nice big name glamour tie final at Wembley, of which Sky will also prospser from televising.

44 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Those are not real football fans in my opinion.

Such a shame because really, Man City have always been a proper football club. 

Maine Road was a brilliant ground and they've had a fair few barren years. Since the new money has come in, inevitably things have changed. Bet there are a few Man City fans who don't enjoy it as much now..

image.png.d5d206aabe81610056a2a96d7bc73eeb.png

Such a great old ground though - one of my favourites. Reminds me a bit of the new AG redevelopment. Would be very similar design and size at 35,000 if/when the Atyeo gets redeveloped.

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I always liked Maine Road, they got some decent crowds when they got relegated to the old Division 2 (30k), as I remember we were a league above them at that point, that soon changed!

So many grounds of prem clubs in the 90s that are now no more were so much more aesthetically pleasing.

Filbert Street, Maine Road, Highbury, Ninian Park :whistle:... luckily Hillsborough and Ibrox are still intact. The redevelopment of Anfield has kept the traditional look pretty well too.

49 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Exactly this, although I think it would be a sell out whoever we play.

Archived