IGNORED

COD

EmersonsRed

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

What a player. I think his most effective role is as a high winger in a 4-3-3. It means he is that little bit further forward, and has a lot more space to run into on the break, feeding off of the target man. Even when he doesn't create, I think he adds so much to the team with his ball winning and covering and general build up play. Now his end product is improving, he's going onto that next level. Still needs more composure when he has a chance. The Palace goal was a superb strike, but it was more of a hit and hope from outside the box, than it was a good chance that he is expected to score from. Thought he should have done better with the chance near the end. But great cross for Đurić goal, and looked like he could take on their full back whenever he got the ball. I am convinced this kid will go right to the top. Anyone who said 'I don't know what O'Dowda brings' must be feeling a bit silly now. It looked pretty obvious he had the potential and the dedication to fulfil that potential. I think he's still not close to this prime, so excited to see how good he will become.

Jon, in fairness, he was poor v Leeds last week, but good v Palace after 25 minutes.  Goal will have helped confidence.

He’s gonna be inconsistent, so let’s not get too carried away in either direction, Good or bad.  Djúric up top may help his effectiveness.

He is starting to have more better than ineffective games, i’ll grant you, added to his industry to help his full-back.  Starting to look the £1m+ signing we hoped.

Encouraging....right direction, but not there just yet.

Archived