IGNORED

Big Rivalry?!

mozo

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Stoke - Port Vale

West Ham - Millwall 

Forest - Notts County 

Pompey -Southampton 

Nothing to do with what league your in you clown.

Thats them and their fans prerogative.

As I have been saying, I just simply dont care that they're the team "down the road from us" lets laugh at them.

I only see them as another team in the football league.

As for calling me a clown, lets refrain from name dropping, you yourself have a clown as the DP.

As far as I am concerned it's

1 Swindon

2 Cardif

3 gappers

I absolutely detest swindle and even though they are several leagues below, the shenanigans that went off at their tinpot 5hitpit the last time we played them and that is the condescending chairman, unsportsman players and the few scabs that support them (you know, when they won the league) will live long in the memory. So the look on Cotts' face when we scored the third was redemption.

Cardiff are full of it. It must be that they love to be despised as I don't feel the same about Swansea.

Having Colin ramps it up 100% so look out for the little snide condecending remarks from him about Lee needing to learn more from his Dad.

The gappers are just a joke.

They really want to be our rivals but just can't step up to the plate. Someone to laugh at, that's all.

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

As I have been saying, I just simply dont care that they're the team "down the road from us" lets laugh at them.

Absolutely.

Hence the massive thread, they are 'the gift' :laughcont:

4 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

As for calling me a clown, lets refrain from name dropping, you yourself have a clown as the DP.

Football is tribal, even you must accept that. So how can your local rivals be just another team in the league. 

The clown comment I apologise for no offence intended. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Football is tribal, even you must accept that. So how can your local rivals be just another team in the league. 

The clown comment I apologise for no offence intended. 

I would get that part if they're in the same league as us, strive to be better and all, coming from the same place. Just not after 17yrs of being apart. Cardiff are as some would say "down the road" and obviously across the bridge our next rivals. So I choose them as they are in the same league as us, we have games against them.

Like when we were last in League 1 and our "rivalry" with Swindon.

2 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I would get that part if they're in the same league as us, strive to be better and all, coming from the same place. Just not after 17yrs of being apart. Cardiff are as some would say "down the road" and obviously across the bridge our next rivals. So I choose them as they are in the same league as us, we have games against them.

Explain this then ...? 

I don't think any of us around in the 80,s and 90,s  could pick and choose who our rivals are based purely on being in the same division. I'm sure the majority of us will not get the same buzz as beating Cardiff as we would the gAssoles. 

Have you ever been to a City v Roverzzz match? Genuine question as no idea how old you are. 

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Explain this then ...? 

Was that a cup tie?

Look underneath my name, I'm not "the UN-Informative" one for nothing.

If it was, sure great we beat em, knocked them out of the park. Would I have been happy if we lost that game? No I fecken wouldnt. But thats football you win some, lose some.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

There's a Welsh elephant in the room...

I don't hear much about Cardiff, which surprises me because they are our only genuine neighbourly rival these days and we're both sitting pretty at the top end of the table.

Add Warnock and Tomlin to the mix and you'd think there would be rotten vegetables being lobbed over the Severn estuary.

Surely it is imperative that we finish higher than them this season?!

Surely next weekend is huuuuuuuuuuge?!

oh I forgot that Colin is coming to the Gate…

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I don't think any of us around in the 80,s and 90,s  could pick and choose who our rivals are based purely on being in the same division. I'm sure the majority of us will not get the same buzz as beating Cardiff as we would the gAssoles. 

Have you ever been to a City v Roverzzz match? Genuine question as no idea how old you are. 

29 fella, so no, I dont get this nonsense cos I am too young, as you would say.

29 fella, so no, I dont get this nonsense cos I am too young, as you would say.

Wouldn't say you're too young to get it. My son is 28 and he gets it, big time. 

Ah well, there's room for us all. 

Was that a cup tie?

Look underneath my name, I'm not "the UN-Informative" one for nothing.

If it was, sure great we beat em, knocked them out of the park. Would I have been happy if we lost that game? No I fecken wouldnt. But thats football you win some, lose some.

You've gone to the trouble of signing up to our forum and making several posts, not sure if you're attention seeking or genuinely naive.

3 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

You mean a scarf that shows 2 teams on there?? **** no, City only I'm afraid, wht would I share with any other team.

May I suggest you read up on our rivalry with the sags, and I mean take it in and digest it especially the bit when they tried to buy the ground from under us in our darkest hour . Then after you've taken it in , if you feel there is no difference between them and say Mansfield Town who are just another team in the Football league, maybe Tennis is the sport for you.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

May I suggest you read up on our rivalry with the sags, and I mean take it in and digest it especially the bit when they tried to buy the ground from under us in our darkest hour . Then after you've taken it in , if you feel there is no difference between them and say Mansfield Town who are just another team in the Football league, maybe Tennis is the sport for you.

I have read it, and shit happens, its business, and I'm glad they didnt.

Although if you were a die hard Wimbledon fan suddenly moving to Milton Keynes yeah I would be angry. Thats how AFC Wimbledon got formed.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We tried that with the bleeding Scottish and they thought nah we will hang on to the English coat tails dispite hating us,we will never get rid of either I'm afraid 

Realised the oil fields weren’t going to last forever, shows intelligence tbf

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Anyone who genuinely thinks Cardiff are a bigger rival to us than the Sags is completely deluded. Sorry.

Sorry, but as far as competitive football is concerned, they are the rivals these days. fckng let the Gas dream of being our football rivals, I say

I have read it, and shit happens, its business, and I'm glad they didnt.

Although if you were a die hard Wimbledon fan suddenly moving to Milton Keynes yeah I would be angry. Thats how AFC Wimbledon got formed.

Death threats to Matty Taylor and LJ ?

Shit happens eh..

Archived