IGNORED

Tubby it doesn’t count

Sparkz 76

1 minute ago, terpin said:

Wrong. If the keeper bounces the ball it is still deemed under his possession.

"A goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds. A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball:

• while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body)
• while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand
• while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air"

I'm not talking about that,m I'm talking about kicking out of his hands, the act of the keeper throwing it up for a kick, the ball is under the keepers control until it bounces,

I kick it ou of my hands but let the ball hit the ground before I kick it, as soon as said ball hits the ground it is in play,

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I kick it ou of my hands but let the ball hit the ground before I kick it, as soon as said ball hits the ground it is in play,

Like a drop kick in rugby? Then it is covered by the following:

"An indirect free kick is awarded if a player prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it"

If it hits the ground before you kick it then you are still in the process of releasing the ball and it is a free kick.

6 minutes ago, terpin said:

Like a drop kick in rugby? Then it is covered by the following:

"An indirect free kick is awarded if a player prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it"

If it hits the ground before you kick it then you are still in the process of releasing the ball and it is a free kick.

but there in lays the problem,

when a keeper drops the ball at his feet, and is tackled the striker scores and the goal stands as we see all so often, the goal stands as the ball has struck the ground, the keeper hasn't kicked the ball but its still in play,

Eto's goal against cardiff a few years ago stood because the ref thought the keeper had dropped the ball, so a drop kick, the ball is in play

And the Eto'o goal against Cardiff should have been disallowed. That was cleared up by UEFA quickly after it happened. It is now used, along with other similar incidents, in training videos to identify goals that should have been disallowed.

It is different when the goalkeeper drops the ball at his feet as he is no longer in the process of releasing the ball and the ball is in play. Then it is allowed for a striker to tackle him.

There is nothing in either the laws or the guidelines about the ball being in play when it hits the ground.

The guidelines from UEFA are clear; incidents like Tomlin's should never be allowed.

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

that didn't cause a rift in the dressing room, and orr apologized afterwards on sky in tears if I recall,

a better comparison would be Gary Johnson and Ivan Sproule which cost Johnson his job

In all fairness Ivan lost a baby in child birth around the same time this happened

Archived