IGNORED

Where were we at

Alan Dicks

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brighton and Southampton were both in league one six years ago.....they are definitely two clubs we should be looking to emulate....

If by emulate you mean find a way of doing stuff that works for that club and keep working hard at it then I totally agree.

If you mean copy the component parts of what they did to get the success then I think we have tried that model before and it didn't end well, there's just too many missing pieces to ever make this approach work.

We need to copy the work ethic and thought patterns and not the outcomes of these, otherwise its a bit like seeing a guy driving a Ferrari and thinking "he must be successful, I can be successful by driving a Ferrari".

I think were on the right track at the moment but these things are fragile.

49 minutes ago, cityexile said:

The gypsies curse last year was on 27 points. We got there after 19 games last year, and did not get to 28 until our 28th game.

Couple of good results and we could be through that by close of play Saturday.

If we eclipse 28 points by close of play Saturday we will have won against Fulham & Cardiff. If that happens even old cynics like me will start to believe we really could finish in the top six :P

Archived