IGNORED

Gillespie

zookeeper

I do have a really good feeling about this player.

He's going to be a real gem

reminds me of what they used to say about Marvin. Let's hope this is different!

Guest City 'Til I Die

Aye, but Gillespie has trained with a higher standard of player and coaching system. I too have a good feeling about Gillespie, as I do about Heff AND Caskey even. Caskey does look a bit trimmer these days, maybe he's up for it this time around? Our preferred style of play should suit him down to the ground. :Cool27:

STEVEN GILLESPIE - 'Gilly' ended the campaign as top scorer for the 19's, and also made his mark at reserve team level in the closing weeks of the season, scoring his first goal at that level in the mini derby. Possibly the hardest working front man I've ever seen, he never stops running and is always willing to chase down opposing defenders. Will be hoping to build on his good start for the reserves by establishing himself as a regular next year.

Found that on a liverpool site. I personally like forwards who chase down defenders and work hard, so i like the sound of him

Neo, are all your 1400 posts always this positive

You could read them and decide for yourself or you can pre-judge me. Either way, I couldn't care a less.

Actually I have no feeling one way or the other whether Gillespie will be good or bad. I just felt like following the trend of debating based on gut feelings.

Surely if people can say he is going to be a "real gem" with no argument to back this up, I can say the opposite?

Or are you only allowed to type unsubstantiated theories if it is positive? :dunno:

I've been in touch with a Liverpool fan b ye-mail who has watched Gillespie ('Gilly' to his mates) in most matches over the last couple of seasons seasons. He had the following to say about him:

I rate Gilly highly. He's a player who improved dramatically in the

last 18 months, and he was unlucky not to be kept on. I don't think

he'd have made it here, but he did enough to get another contract in my

opinion.

I think he'll do very well at Bristol City, providing he wants it enough. I

would be a bit converned as to how he'd handle the physical side of it,

as he's not the biggest lad. He's a bit on the skinny side in fact.

But he loves a tackle, and you won't see him pulling out of any

challenges.

He's one of those players who gets chances in every game he plays. He's

also the hardest working centre forward I've seen in some time. He

never stops, and I'm sure City fans will like his enthusiasm.

If he gets a run in the side, I expect him to score goals. But I've

seen other talented lads leave our Academy and not go on to fulfill

their potential, so there are no guarentees.

Neo's right, this WAS said about Marvin............history shows?

Caution should always be shown when someone with a reputation like this comes to a lower division club. Why would the Scousers release someone this good?

Just a comment, not an opinion, in case I get accused of getting on his back! :D

Archived