IGNORED

Comedy gold on the Cardiff forums

BS3_RED

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

As someone whose parents were both from or near Cardiff, and who was brought up to think of myself as Welsh (even though I’ve never lived in Wales), it’s hard to explain the passion that the Welsh national anthem generates.  It really is something very very special, and the fact that everyone sings it is quite something.  Sadly the dirge that is God Save the Queen will never achieve that level of passion and why should it?  It’s a song about a German family, not about the country itself ;).  Also the passion of national anthems is completely undermined by having some third-rate opera singer warbling away, so leave it to the crowd.

Cardiff fans are passionate like City fans are, and fair play to them for that.  I’m sure we both have a few nutters, but for me the Severnside Derby now has real bite to it, which has to be a good thing.

The Welsh national anthem is fantastic. It's very annoying. I hate to say it's better than ours but it is so much better than ours.

Same goes for all of the other home nations, really. Admit to being rather jealous. I'll sing GSTQ proudly but it doesn't quite get the hairs up on the back of the neck like I imagine they must

49 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

The Welsh national anthem is fantastic. It's very annoying. I hate to say it's better than ours but it is so much better than ours.

Same goes for all of the other home nations, really. Admit to being rather jealous. I'll sing GSTQ proudly but it doesn't quite get the hairs up on the back of the neck like I imagine they must

It is long past the time where there needs to be an English anthem - Land of Hope and Glory does it for me but Jerusalem or I vow to thee my country fit the bill nicely too. I’ve long thought that GSTQ should become the British Royal anthem, played on state occassions and when royals are present.

La Marseilliase always gets the hairs standing on the back of my neck, especially at Stade de France. I like Italy’s Il Canto degli Italiano too. Like the Welsh one, they are both rousing and get he crowd going. Even the septics have a half-decent one.

28 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

It is long past the time where there needs to be an English anthem - Land of Hope and Glory does it for me but Jerusalem or I vow to thee my country fit the bill nicely too. I’ve long thought that GSTQ should become the British Royal anthem, played on state occassions and when royals are present.

La Marseilliase always gets the hairs standing on the back of my neck, especially at Stade de France. I like Italy’s Il Canto degli Italiano too. Like the Welsh one, they are both rousing and get he crowd going. Even the septics have a half-decent one.

Italy's is my personal favourite, used to be great watching F1 as a kid when Ferrari were dominating and that used to play on the podium.

Jerusalem would get my vote, works well in the cricket. I'm not sure how a change will come about though. Whatever you think of it (and i think it's quite a common view it's a bit rubbish) it's ingrained in the national pysche and I don't see a demand for a popular vote on whether to change it really coming from anywhere. Maybe we should start a petition!

I would say to keep it as a British anthem for the Olympics and suchlike, plus royal events as you say, but I don't see why we can't have our own separate one for England as Wales and Scotland do.

*Interesting Northern Ireland don't, apparently, which I hadn't realised until I thought about it now. Seems to be to do with politics and not wanting to undermine Unionist feeling in the region

6 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Went in the South stand yesterday and funniest moment for me was when one of the blow up sheep got thrown on the pitch by someone. Steward removes it. Next thing chant goes up “we want our sheep back” 

I think it was the ref that kicked the sheep off of the pitch by the corner flag.

A bloke near me was on about reporting him to the RSPCA!!!

:rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That's not correct

He was quite clear Bogles was a red card

But he thought Packs was a yellow but also said Packs was not a red

Quote from the post on Facebook:

Bristol should have been down to 10 a few minutes earlier, similar challenge to Bogle's and he was already on a yellow.

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Quote from the post on Facebook:

Bristol should have been down to 10 a few minutes earlier, similar challenge to Bogle's and he was already on a yellow.

Yes because Pack was already on a yellow 

Is that where you got the idea he said that there was no difference between the  two tackles ? 

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes because Pack was already on a yellow 

Is that where you got the idea he said that there was no difference between the  two tackles ? 

The guy I was talking to said that quote that says both challenges were similar, pack should have got sent off for a second yellow definitely in my opinion but to say the two challenges are simiIar is laughable 

15 hours ago, bcfctim said:

Italy's is my personal favourite, used to be great watching F1 as a kid when Ferrari were dominating and that used to play on the podium.

Jerusalem would get my vote, works well in the cricket. I'm not sure how a change will come about though. Whatever you think of it (and i think it's quite a common view it's a bit rubbish) it's ingrained in the national pysche and I don't see a demand for a popular vote on whether to change it really coming from anywhere. Maybe we should start a petition!

I would say to keep it as a British anthem for the Olympics and suchlike, plus royal events as you say, but I don't see why we can't have our own separate one for England as Wales and Scotland do.

*Interesting Northern Ireland don't, apparently, which I hadn't realised until I thought about it now. Seems to be to do with politics and not wanting to undermine Unionist feeling in the region

Cuban mate... 

I never fear a glorious death when I listen to it.. hairs on the back!! lolz

Archived