IGNORED

forty points

cityred exile

70 points I think is traditionally a bit low, although possible. It is a very competitive league -slip a little because of injuries or whatever and suddenly every game looks tough.

Still really only a third of the season gone, but does show we are well in the mix. I am mentally in a place that says lets get to 50, and then reassess my expectations at that time!

10 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

16 games gone  30 points     30games  left   By being completely average 10 wins 10 draws 10 defeats =40 points  40 + 30 = 70points  enough for 6th position play off spot !?

Way over thinking it!!

just enjoy it ! Game by game . What will be will be! 

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

16 games gone  30 points     30games  left   By being completely average 10 wins 10 draws 10 defeats =40 points  40 + 30 = 70points  enough for 6th position play off spot !?

Bu99er that - win the lot for 120 points and 17th place in the premier league. :)

55 minutes ago, clunes said:

We scraped past the 30 points mark after 29 games last season. We've done that after 16 games this season. Quite remarkable.

Impossible, because we could never replace Tammy's goals.

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

Impossible, because we could never replace Tammy's goals.

I know this comes from 'left field',but is it possible that the caviat with Chelsea,re; playing time for Tammy could have actually been mentally distracting/tactically inhibiting to Lee Johnson,even at times dictating our style of play..???

Don't get me wrong,Tammy's a great fella & obviously talented- enjoyed him being here...crash hat firmly on!

I like Downends humour above ! 

We should add some of the hundreds of threads from jokers on this forum from February like  those saying

"I'm never going again with that clown as manager"

"SL may be a good businessman but he knows nothing about football"

"Spend millions on a white elephant stadium then have useless players like Reid, O'Dowda, Brownhills and posh boy Bryan"

"we won't sell 8000 STs next season as we are definitely down after today" 

All makes I laugh on a Monday in November  but can't say I miss people like TFJ. 

35 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I know this comes from 'left field',but is it possible that the caviat with Chelsea,re; playing time for Tammy could have actually been mentally distracting/tactically inhibiting to Lee Johnson,even at times dictating our style of play..???

Don't get me wrong,Tammy's a great fella & obviously talented- enjoyed him being here...crash hat firmly on!

My feeling is that it was LJ's trying to accommodate Tomlin into the team that caused the chopping and changing of selections and formations and the resulting dropping off the cliff this time last season, but it's quite possible that what you say would;t have helped if LJ's hands were tied by Chelsea.

I know it's nerdy, but I always predict all results at the beginning of the season and then monitor how we're doing against my predictions.  I had us to get 66 points before the season started, but we are already 9 points up on my prediction (not least because I had us to lose at Sunderland and Fulham, and to draw with Cardiff).  So if the rest of the games turn out the way I thought before the start of the season - when I didn't think we'd have a promotion run - we should get at least 75.

13 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

At the start of the season 50 points would have been our target. So to get 30 after 16 games is trully magnificent  full credit to everyone At the club.

At the start of the season our target would've been fewer points than last season, and the season before that? 

12 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

At the start of the season 50 points would have been our target. So to get 30 after 16 games is trully magnificent  full credit to everyone At the club.

Sorrt I can't agree, I don't think after completing the stadium, allowing LJ  as requested 3 transfer windows the target SL set would have been to avoid getting relegated.

To my mind from the outset the target would have been a play off place and with luck this remains doable.

Full credit to SL for sticking with LJ and to LJ himself for the way on field matters have been transformed.

I now look forward to going to football and that as a supporter is all I can ask.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

The traditional “two points per game for promotion” yardstick gives you 92. 

Two points per game from now on gives us 90.

[Still happy with 12th - maybe].

Season we got promoted from L1, I think we were averaging just over 2 points a game through out the season.

We are close to 2 points per game just now - win the next 2 games (difficult games I believe) and we hit the 2 point mark.

Dare to believe.

Archived