IGNORED

Our next 5 matches

EmersonsRed

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lets be honest. If we have 40 points on Christmas Day then we will have done very well.  To do that we need to take 10 from the next seven matches.  Three wins, one draw and three losses.

Would mean we were halfway through the season with 40 points, over 2ppg and likely with a positive goal difference.  We'd probably also still be in the top 6.

Anyone on here would have taken that back in August.

If we win three and draw one of our next four we will have played 20 and have 40 points. 

To be better than 2ppg we would need to have 47 points after the next seven. (23 played)

17 points from the next 21. Why not!

COYR! 

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If we win three and draw one of our next four we will have played 20 and have 40 points. 

To be better than 2ppg we would need to have 47 points after the next seven. (23 played)

17 points from the next 21. Why not!

COYR! 

You are of course correct. I was imagining that we were in the Prem already and that halfway was 19 games. :facepalm:

36 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You are of course correct. I was imagining that we were in the Prem already and that halfway was 19 games. :facepalm:

I like your style Ajax. 

The way I see it is that we are in form. Yes we have injuries but so does everyone else and no one wants us home or away right now. 

We have players itching to start and an extra week to work on some players. 

Is Djuric playing the nternational football this week? I'm not sure. Odowda is on fire and games for Magnússon are key right now. 

Bailey Wright although suspended probably wouldn't play our next game anyway. If we can get Baker fit and Patterson right we have a very good side. Right back is a problem but Smith is comfortable there  

GON is a miss going to Xmas fit and on the bench makes us look strong. 

Fingers crossed no more injuries  

31 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I like your style Ajax. 

The way I see it is that we are in form. Yes we have injuries but so does everyone else and no one wants us home or away right now. 

We have players itching to start and an extra week to work on some players. 

Is Djuric playing the nternational football this week? I'm not sure. Odowda is on fire and games for Magnússon are key right now. 

Bailey Wright although suspended probably wouldn't play our next game anyway. If we can get Baker fit and Patterson right we have a very good side. Right back is a problem but Smith is comfortable there  

GON is a miss going to Xmas fit and on the bench makes us look strong. 

Fingers crossed no more injuries  

Thanks. I agree with you we seem to be in good form.  I am gagging to watch us play, the only match I've seen all season is Brentford away - basically the worst performance (except Leeds) and only saved by an admittedly excellent last gasp equaliser.  I was supposed to be at Fulham but ended up having to work until 11pm :violin:Ah well, not too long until we're all over the tele and I'll be at QPR, Reading and Wolves over the Christmas week.

Anyway - I don't think Djuric is on international duty.  I can't find any fixtures for Bosnia listed and they didn't qualify for Russia 2018.

Magnússon will presumably get a few minutes for Iceland but it's not exactly going to be quality as they are playing Czech Rep as I type (weirdly being played in Qatar) and then just have a match away to Qatar on the same night we play Brazil. He has started at LB in the game against Czech Rep.

Wright will obviously be involved for Aus and they have the massive double-header against the mighty Honduras.  Agreed he'd unlikely play against Sheff Wed, even if not suspended.

We've not missed GON so far this season but yes he'd be good cover and would strengthen the bench.

Pisano and Diedhiou are the two big ones missing atm. If they were both fit and in form I'd be very confident.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thanks. I agree with you we seem to be in good form.  I am gagging to watch us play, the only match I've seen all season is Brentford away - basically the worst performance (except Leeds) and only saved by an admittedly excellent last gasp equaliser.  I was supposed to be at Fulham but ended up having to work until 11pm :violin:Ah well, not too long until we're all over the tele and I'll be at QPR, Reading and Wolves over the Christmas week.

Anyway - I don't think Djuric is on international duty.  I can't find any fixtures for Bosnia listed and they didn't qualify for Russia 2018.

Magnússon will presumably get a few minutes for Iceland but it's not exactly going to be quality as they are playing Czech Rep as I type (weirdly being played in Qatar) and then just have a match away to Qatar on the same night we play Brazil. He has started at LB in the game against Czech Rep.

Wright will obviously be involved for Aus and they have the massive double-header.  Agreed he'd unlikely play against Sheff Wed.

We've not missed GON so far this season but yes he'd be good cover and would strengthen the bench.

Pisano and Diedhiou are the too big ones missing atm. If they were both fit and in form I'd be very confident.

Yes I would agree. Pisano and Diedhiou are pretty much Crocked until Feb which is a blow but we have maintained our form and Pissano was missing for a few earlier. 

What impresses me most is the cover we have. Kelly looks like the real deal when he plays and we look as physically strong as anyone. 

The Young Bobby thing up front has proved to bE a master stroke and massive kudos to LJ for something none of us saw coming

I've been lucky I have only missed one league game. Between trips home and overseas broadcast. 

Leeds we gave away two goals in nine mins and were behind the 8 ball from the start and we were lucky at Brentford, outside of those two we have played some great stuff at times. 

Our players are on the radar of some clubs. You can pick Reid Bryan Odowda Patterson  Brownhill Flint as being watched. SL and LJs resolve could be tested in January. Thank the lord for the billionaire. 

Archived