IGNORED

Six England squad withdrawals for injury... Really?

City Cat

10 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Sort of a worse version of Gareth Barry you mean?

As for players faking injury by order of their club.. Utterly shameful.

When was it then that being called up to represent your country become optional? As far as I am concerned it should be obligatory. As for getting paid to play... Don't get me started on that old chestnut. 

I understand that England internationals donate their salary to charity. (or at least they used too)

12 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Not sure about Henderson, I think the work he does off the ball is incredible. He's not an attacking/goalscoring midfielder so will never be under the spotlight like Ali for example, but his energy, high pressing and passing accuracy sets him above any other England midfielder (in those areas) IMO. Depends what you want from your midfielders. I think the only player in the England squad you can really compare to Henderson is Dier.

Agree his form for England hasn't been particularly brilliant and he''s been quite poor this year, returning from injury.

Ratings based on 16/17 season where Spurs came 2nd, Liverpool 4th..

Comparison.PNG

Not surprised by those stats.  If Dier is our answer to the midfield issue then we are absolutely ****ed.  He is a good centre half and I'd play him in a back 3.

There is a delusion in football in general at the moment that Spurs have the answer to everything.  It's dangerous because the Spurs players form did not transfer into Euro 16 and I suspect it won't into the World Cup unless we make Pochettino manager.    Kane was hopeless in the Euros and Alli fairly anonymous.  Walker looked okay until he had to defend and cost us dearly against Iceland with a typical piece of doziness.  

Archived