IGNORED

Gustav Engvall - Robins Chirping Blog Piece

Tjprobert

I find it strange we throw Taylor straight into the team and Engvall has not had any real chances. Gustav looks like the type of player that would relish the type of football we play at the moment, he has a better first touch and eye for goal as Taylor as well. I hope he is given a chance before we get rid of him.

31 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I find it strange we throw Taylor straight into the team and Engvall has not had any real chances. Gustav looks like the type of player that would relish the type of football we play at the moment, he has a better first touch and eye for goal as Taylor as well. I hope he is given a chance before we get rid of him.

Taylor's 27, has been playing senior football since 2011 and has made nearly 200 appearances, all in the country in which he grew up.

Engvall is 21, has only been starting games regularly since 2014 and has moved to a new country.

I too hope that we can find an opportunity for him to play before either he or the club decides it's been too long and he moves on, but it's important to remember how young he is and how hard it can be to move abroad.

20 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am sure your article is interesting and well-written - it certainly started that way -  but I had to give up after the first few paragraphs as I find it extremely difficult to read white print on such a bright red background.

Pity.

You’re the second person to point that out to me actually! I didn’t think that some people would have an issue with it, but I’m going to change it.

So, now that I have been able to read the article to the end (black print on a white background is so much more comfortable) I can reiterate my earlier comment, i.e. that it was, indeed, interesting and well-written.

Unless I am mistaken, however, and I note you say your comment was made tongue-in-cheek, Engvall will not be able to play until January 2018, right back or anywhere.

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, now that I have been able to read the article to the end (black print on a white background is so much more comfortable) I can reiterate my earlier comment, i.e. that it was, indeed, interesting and well-written.

Unless I am mistaken, however, and I note you say your comment was made tongue-in-cheek, Engvall will not be able to play until January 2018, right back or anywhere.

Well the comment that he would play right back was to tongue in cheek! But with regards to him not being able to play, I was under the impression he would be available for selection. Unless I am wrong. Either way, it would be nice to see him given a chance be it soon, or in January if not.

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

Based on what evidence that you have seen, wou;d Engvall be ahead of Taylor?

I’ve a funny feeling about Engvall that he is one of these players where the raw materials are there but it is not clicking together yet. If there is a point where he learns and works a bit more, he strikes me as the kind of player who could suddenly make rapid improvements in a short space of time.

Whether that will be now and for us though, I am far less sure. To be honest, if you take out Reid - who things clicked for in pretty much the way I am describing - and an injured Famara, we are left with three capable but non-prolific strikers. What we lack up front at the moment is an impact sub who is not starting for the team but is good shout for a goal whenever he comes on. I am not at all convinced that is Engvall.

Archived