IGNORED

City Rip Off

ateyo:advance catC £15,on day £17,catB adv £16,on day 19

dolmand:advance catC £17,onday £19,catB £18,onday £21

+williams.

platinum: advance catC £22,onday £24, catB adv £23onday £26.

Are bristol city trying to drive fans away with these steep prices.top price £26 last season I watched aston vill v chelsea for £22 in the away end,my mate

likes to sit in platinum seating but he dont know until a few days before each saturday if he has to work which means we will have to pay at least £24,i am a season ticket holder costing £280 which is about £11 a game which i think is good value,but minimum price £15 maximum £26 is laughable,dont expect more than 11,000 for first home game with these prices.

ateyo:advance catC £15,on day £17,catB adv £16,on day 19

dolmand:advance catC £17,onday £19,catB £18,onday £21

+williams.

platinum: advance catC £22,onday £24, catB adv £23onday £26.

Are bristol city trying to drive fans away with these steep prices.top price £26 last season I watched aston vill v chelsea for £22 in the away end,my mate

likes to sit in platinum seating but he dont know until a few days before each saturday if he has to work which means we will have to pay at least £24,i am a season ticket holder costing £280 which is about £11 a game which i think is good value,but minimum price £15 maximum £26 is laughable,dont expect more than 11,000 for first home game with these prices.

I don't think £15 is too bad to watch the city.

It just means that people will have to get more organised and buy them beforehand. Yes it is unfortunate for your friend but I think the pricing benefits the masses. It also means less hassle on matchday.

However I can see your point of few about putting people off. Those that only come for a game or two a season and on inpulse will have to pay quite a bit more and may not want to come back. If it is properly explained to these people when they buy their tickets how they can save money then maybe it will reduce the negative impact.

Players wages being reduced ,expensive manager replaced by i assume a less expensive one,and the same cr*p league as last year-and they put the prices up-sorry but that is taking the p***.If we'd been promoted then price rises would have been expected,with the same league and the cost cutting going on putting the prices up is out of order.I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it,but i worry that soon football will price the average working man out of the stands.

you don't have to sit in the dearer seats , but people

spend more money on a saturday night out on drinks and

p*** it away down the drain.much better value watching

city , so that is why we get season tickets ( that is

if you can afford it )

come on you reds :D;):D

At those prices blow Stewart ... we want Rooney.

Struth... I hope those players who let us down last year make up with some pretty entertaining top of the league stuff to justify these admission charges (and their salaries). I fear alot of the floating support will float away if not.

I can't get a season ticket because

1) I work a lot of week ends at Frenchay Hospital

2) My kids come up from Plymouth every other week and want to go see the City

3) My Mrs like to watch City but see 1

All these price rises all I will do is cut the number of games I go down to but if Colin Sexton or Steve Lansdown call on all supporter to back the team he may get my answer!

Guest North Street

Spot the difference!

I paid £21 to watch England v France during Euro 2004.

I am going to pay £21 to watch Bristol City v SWINDON in the Nationwide division 1/2 or whatever we are calling it this week!

Guest North Street

Spot the difference!

I paid £21 to watch England v France during Euro 2004.

I am going to pay £21 to watch Bristol City v SWINDON in the Nationwide division 1/2 or whatever we are calling it this week!

Or to put it another way

£21 = Rooney, Owen, Henry & Zidane

£21 = "GURNEY"!

I don't think we are the only club to have put the prices up although there do seem to be better offers if you come more often and also buy before the day of the match. Although we have given players less wages etc and seem to be cost cutting I believe we are still making a huge loss every year and that is something we still need to cut out. But hey I have a season ticket which I think is great value.

I don't think we are the only club to have put the prices up although there do seem to be better offers if you come more often and also buy before the day of the match. Although we have given players less wages etc and seem to be cost cutting I believe we are still making a huge loss every year and that is something we still need to cut out. But hey I have a season ticket which I think is great value.

Agreed

Rip off :D what a joke, NO I dont think so I dont begrudge a single penny spent on our club over the past 35years.This club is a business and needs to make money soon. A few quid here and there wont do it :D we need a higher division.

People who moan at this cant really see whats going on, the clubs very existance could be in doubt if it wasnt for this extra money.

I would pay whatever it costs to see my team and comparisions with other clubs is irealevent.

So for Gods SAKE SUPPORTERS stop the moans :city: and start supporting :ph34r:;)

Guest Lockerman
Rip off :D what a joke, NO I dont think so I dont begrudge a single penny spent on our club over the past 35years.This club is a business and needs to make money soon. A few quid here and there wont do it :D  we need a higher division.

People who moan at this cant really see whats going on, the clubs very existance could be in doubt if it wasnt for this extra money.

I would pay whatever it costs to see my team and comparisions with other clubs is irealevent.

So for Gods SAKE SUPPORTERS stop the moans :city:  and start supporting  :ph34r:  ;)

I don't consider it to bad, I remember having to pay £21 two seasons ago to watch the City match at Swindon, and they were #### seats at that, so stop whinging and buy a season ticket.

Fact, we blew promotion....AGAIN!! Blame bloody WILSON!!!!!!!

Fact, Steve said there would be changes, if we blew it AGAIN!!.

Fact, We still here and more skint than last season, blame Wilson, his team blew it.

Fact, Its never been an easy option watching City, the club need the money, if you dont like the prices, its easy..buy a season ticket, stop coming, or like the mass of us who love City, just keep coming anyway....its pointless grumbling..if we keep low prices we lose our better players, its as simple as that...we aint Manure, Chelski, or Arse-nal...we aint going to see decent players in the pits of Coca Cola League1 for Chrissakes!!

At the end of the day the club is going to announce another increase in season ticket sales so they must be doing something right. Whether you like it or not the season ticket holders represent BCFC's core customers and if individual tickets have to be priced a bit more in order to keep season tickets down so be it.

Obiously we also need to attract new fans so if we cut prices for some games to do this then this is probably the best commercial policy available to the club.

In the days where inflation is around 2% I am baffled how any business can justify an increase in the prices of its product by 16.6%. This is equivalent to a pint costing 2.50 suddenly going up to 2.90.

NOTHING about the product we are purchasing has changed - we are still in Div 2, with a different manager and some different faces in the squad.

I cannot believe that some people are saying - just fork out and support City. What a load of nonsense.

If we had gone up I would be happy to pay this amount of money. An increase of £1 I would be happy with, but not £3 on each ticket for Cat b games (and I wonder how many more of those there will be this season).

I am not going to buy a season ticket as like many others I do not know how many games I am able to get to, so that is not an option. As for this new membership scheme, how much is that going to cost to join. As for buying in advance, how far in advance? Often I don't know until the night before a game that I can make it.

Dont get me wrong, I will still be going to AG as much as possible, and I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to.

However, that doesn't stop me from being extremely annoyed about this RIP OFF. There is no other phrase to describe it.

Rant over....for the time being

Crikey ,i didn't realise we had so many "i'm all right jack so sod anyone who isn't " supporters among us.I guess most of the above posters are kids on cheap season tickets,i will await their views when they have a few kids to take ,have to pay the petrol for 100 mile plus round trips cos they've moved away from the city and hence can't get to the ground and get cheaper tickets and can't go every match which rules out season tickets,Also the strangely poorly thought out argument of bucksred(usually i agree with a lot of your points)if we price the tickets too high,with no real "attraction " games this season ,then it will deter the casual supporter or football interested student etc from elsewhere.Would we earn more with 15,000 supporters paying 15 quid ,or 10,000 paying 20 quid,do the maths-there is a price that is high enough to be a disincentive,i think we are very near that now,especially if we don't start well.As i said before it won't deter me as i can afford it and have been watching city since 1970 when i was 5.But i do care that those people who stood on the terraces with me back then,can still afford to sit in the seats with me now,i'm certain many can't.I'm suprised at the selfish attitude of many of you on here,perhaps thats society today,lets hope you all are still able to come in 10 yrs time when the realities of famillies etc may have come to you.

It's a difficult one. I'm lucky enough to be able to have season tickets for me and the kids again this year, ie be able to afford the time and the money. So I see the season ticket as being good value.

In the past though,because of time and money, I have had to pick and choose my games very carefully. On these prices, if you are unable to make use of the buy in advance, it costs a small fortune for what is 90 minuites entertainment. If I was less regular attendee and faced with prices like these I would have to seriously think again.

Yes the club is a business, but there is lots of competition out their for our leasure time and money. Restraunts, cinema, bowling, shopping etc etc. You have to be dedicated and committed to watch your team on a cold wet November night, when you could be inside eating and drinking etc.If we are going to be paying top prices then I think it is only fair to expect top facilities. Toilets, kiosks etc HAVE to be improved. You don't queue for 20 mins in the rain at the cinema for toilets that look like they belong in the third world. :D

I don't personally like these quid a kid , ladies days etc. probably as the place gets filled up with people that only attend once a season. And like I said I am lucky to have a season ticket, so I don't benefit, in fact it 'lessens' our tickets. The club took my money in May for a ticket that starts in August, lots of interest to be made on the money there.

I feel it is a bit of a kick in the teeth to hear about players who are finding it had to accept they are to be paid less, wondering how they are going to manage to be involved in the club. I expect there are quite a few fans who feel the same.

I wonder what the prices would have been IF we had gone up. ;) But then again I expect we would have been too happy to notice, and the expected bigger crowds would of course have helped. :D

I think this club has come a long way, but still has a long way to go yet.It will be interesting to see what this loyalty scheme is? What about a card you get stamped, attend 10 matches and get one free, or something like that?

Rant over! Thanks for reading,I feel better now!

Guest ashtonyate

As a person who is long term sick and not much come in. A season ticket is out for me.

so I will be at home with the radio and go to the more importaint games. I think the club should be helping people with a health problems and low incomes to watch the City.After all its better to have say 8 pounds than 0 pounds

Guest monster red

Loyal fans are rewarded by saving money on season tickets-ie:family inclosure £305=£13.26 per game. Bargain!!

People who only come to the more attactive games should get stung in the pocket!! Whats the problem??

So there's your answer..... buy a season ticket.

:D;):city::D:ph34r:

Guest bristolbred

As another City exile, i shan't be attending as many games as i did last season, as i spent £3,000+ following City last season, and ok, tickets may cost me £4 to £8 a game more, but add on petrol prices,then it becomes prhibitive to go to as many games, so i shall probably attend those games at the Gate that have any signifigence, and those away games that are close enough to DE74, but it does not make me any less a supporter!!. :D;)

The thing is, ticket prices have to rise, to pay wages, costs, etc. And we would all love to have a packed Ashton Gate for every home match, and 1'500+ supporters at every away game. Money can buy success for the right manager, so let's all get behind Tins, the Chairman, and the Club, and hope for the success we deserve. :ph34r:

And if we do go up this season, then Steve L and Colin S can reward everyone with a price freeze!!, :D

Guest WillsbridgeRed

if the players weren't paid such stupid wages, and agents didn't take money out of the game maybe tickets wouldn't be so expensive.

This is true of ALL clubs, not just City.

A reintroduction of teracing sections would increase capacity while keeping prices within reach of the working and middle classes.

Archived