IGNORED

Horrid

ZiderEyed

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Exactly. I blame the Ref for not being stronger, he contributed to a poor game of football as much as Preston. He was weak, all he  had to do was clamp down on a few things early in the game and make teams play. What the hell was going on when both Preston players ran into eachother and after treatment they were allowed to continue without leaving the pitch?  Then their keeper restarted the match after the Ref blew up when we had pocession! Also later in the match he gave a drop ball and it was contested by 3 onto 1!

I can take losing if deserved, but that match was so full of injustices and heavily weighted by the officials it's no better than the cheating simulation we were accused of. Let's hope the Ref gets accessed.

The ref  whilst poor last night was not the one who ignored our back up left back when Joe came off .

If Maggers had been on perhaps they wouldn't have scored the second goal which killed us off. 

LJ has a lot of credit so far this season but I think he made tactical nmistakes last night that made Preston's task easier.

Too many players had an off night and Preston hassled us out of it .

We lacked energy , purpose and nous . 

Elliasen was good and shows promise.

Bakes was MOTM for me.

Our attack was disjointed, our midfield weak .

We didn't, however look like conceding .

Let's hope it was an off day .

We need a bit more quality in midfield hopefully we can get someone in in January.

For me, it was all about Preston's shape when they didn't have the ball. Their collective press was excellent and exactly what we've been doing to teams all season until last night. They stopped us getting the ball wide and snuffed out,the eventual hoof to Djuric well. Then, when they transitioned from defence to attack, they appeared to have an extra man in midfield ALL NIGHT, at times they carved us open. It wasn't until JB wenr off after being assaulted several times that another midfielder was brought on, but by then, our race was run.

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The ref  whilst poor last night was not the one who ignored our back up left back when Joe came off .

If Maggers had been on perhaps they wouldn't have scored the second goal which killed us off. 

LJ has a lot of credit so far this season but I think he made tactical nmistakes last night that made Preston's task easier.

Too many players had an off night and Preston hassled us out of it .

We lacked energy , purpose and nous . 

Elliasen was good and shows promise.

Bakes was MOTM for me.

Our attack was disjointed, our midfield weak .

We didn't, however look like conceding .

Let's hope it was an off day .

We need a bit more quality in midfield hopefully we can get someone in in January.

I just made the point about Magnusson on another thread, whatever can he be thinking. A like for like replacement as such overlooked, shocking. His long throw might have been an asset too. 

I think we need to start realising that teams aren't going to come to AG and play an open

attacking game that suits us.If we go to Hull the weekend and win in a identical fashion as Preston

did last night are we all going to say we shouldn't be playing the game like that.They did a job on us as

they have done for a while against us now and it's down to the coaching staff to come up with a game plan

that negates the boring time wasting tactics of teams like Millwall,Burton and Preston.

Anyway to sum up my feelings,if we go to Hull and upset their fans by winning and not 'playing the game' I for

one will be absolutely delighted.

3 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Preston were always a proper football team. That team last night were time killing imposters.

I can't put into words how much I loath teams who practice anti-football like that and referees who let it go unpunished.

And if the ref is going to let their player consistently block free kicks by standing 3 feet in front of the ball then why oh why oh why don't our players have the nouse to smash the ball into his bollocks and force a booking???

brilliant 

Someone behind me had a brilliant idea regarding time wasting when players have to walk off the field after treatment or for subs. The player or the sub has to wait the same amount of time it took the player to leave before they can join the match. Genius I thought. 

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

We did deserve to lose.  If we go one nil up against Manchester United and do similar then win the game I wonder how many will be moaning about it.

Yes we did deserve to lose, but we have had several close games this season and I cannot recall us ever reverting to similar tactics at all, taking the ball into the corner occasionally but we are not even very good at that, not even on Saturday against Wednesday did we ever resort to those tactics, in fact the only time wasting tactic we have in are armoury is Frankie Fielding's kicking of the ball including free kicks straight into touch, but sadly even that is not a proper tactic it just another day in the office for Frankie.

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Are you for real?  They were the better team in the first half. Created about 5 decent chances to our one goal scramble. Had players that actually looked comfortable on the ball. Fully deserved the win.

But we were awful. Hoof ball, no apparent game plan and played at a pedestrian pace for most of the game. I agree the ref was weak but they simply took advantage of this in a way that any other team in the league would.

Was actually commenting before the game that we've become a much more savvy team in this respect,  as we were under GJ.

Cry me a river. We lost to a better team tonight.

Come on Kid, you’re one of my favourite posters on here but your constant praising of PNE’s performance last night is way off mark, when they played football they were fine but it’s the sort of tactics they used without the ball from the first whistle that so frustrated me, can’t be bothered to name it all because it’s all been stated by other posters

As I said after the Burton game.. Preston came to get a result, not our approval. When you've got lot's of injuries and in the sort of form they are, you do what you can to get a result.. And when you look at the jobs Millwall and Burton have done on us, can you blame them for using tactics they knew had a good chance of being succesful? We need to stop moaning about this and focus on what we can do to counter this style of play next time. Because there WILL be a next time.

Until we can handle teams like Preston, Burton & Milwall we will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

I've got no problem whatsoever at praising opposition teams who beat us fairly and squarely and would rather do that than criticise their warnockesque tactics.

If I wanted to witness an hour and a half of anti football I would go up the road to Chernobyl.   

Preston time wasted. Boo hoo. They won every tackle and second ball had more chances and won the game. 

We were abject. Players starting needlessly carrying knocks and hoof ball to Djuric because we had no way of playing through them. 

Bryan looked ****** after ten minutes as did Patterson and as for Djuric poor ****** has to be used sparingly per LJ so we humped aimless shite up to him for him to battle for until he was wasted  

Elliason and Flint have a tad of credit for effort but this one is squarely at the feet of a poor performance by players and coaching staff alike. Utter garbage, we were beaten by a team of crocks who were better than us all over the field. 

2 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Gamesmanship used to be about taking the ball into the corner and knocking it about at the back. Now it’s faking injuring, rolling around, remonstrating with refs. It’s borderline cheating. 

It is cheating.

6 hours ago, RedM said:

Someone behind me had a brilliant idea regarding time wasting when players have to walk off the field after treatment or for subs. The player or the sub has to wait the same amount of time it took the player to leave before they can join the match. Genius I thought. 

The easiest way to take this gamesmanship out of the game is to let the physio on with the game going on around them. other sports manage it.

1 hour ago, WesM said:

The easiest way to take this gamesmanship out of the game is to let the physio on with the game going on around them. other sports manage it.

Yes that's a good idea too. It was so stop start last night it would be interesting to know how much football was actually played.

Archived