IGNORED

Frankie needs a rest

bengalcub

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I thought PNE’s keeper did well, he was solid when collecting crosses and nearly saved our goal too...

Don't we say the same after every match against them ? 

Their jeepees ( that should read keepers but I like the word automatically selected ! ) always look like an amalgamation of Zoff, Yasmina ( auto for Yashin:laughcont: ) and Banks when they play us . 

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I actually noted that many times last night he just rolled the ball out to one of the back four, something that I've not noticed him do much before.

Frankie is not technically the best keeper in the league , he may not even be technically the best keeper at City but he is a winner and an important part of the team for his drive and determination.

Whoever replaces Frankie will have to be immense.

Step up Luke Steele.

I’m not FFs biggest fan but I thought his kicking against PNE wasn’t that bad/the worst it’s been.

That said I’d like to see LS play. I think he’s better.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Step up Luke Steele.

I’m not FFs biggest fan but I thought his kicking against PNE wasn’t that bad/the worst it’s been.

That said I’d like to see LS play. I think he’s better.

The situation was largely forced on us by Preston, who made a point of pressing our defenders when Frank had the ball, making his life difficult.  We were unable to play out from the back as we normally do, forcing Frank to punt downfield.  I don't think his kicking was particular bad.  However, it was a well thought-out tactic by Preston which caused major disruption to our normal style of play, particularly in the first half.

13 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Distribution appalling you say? 

Heres how he compares with the other keepers of the top 5 sides in the league. 

IMG_9499.PNG

What is the break down short and long?  How do the teams play? For the comparison to have much meaning the latter should be two metrics. Two metrics then can highlight deficiency / excellence within distribution, sometimes startling  polarisation e.g. 80% short less than 10% long =  - 45% overall. 

It is possible the Wolves Keepers distribution is excellent and it is the style of play that creates that stat.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

long kicking is always 50/50 anyway why are people so hooked up on it, we don't have a midfield renowned for winning the ball in the air so we aren't always going to win it from a long kick, 

It's not 50/50 if it goes straight out though

On 22/11/2017 at 19:44, Northern Red said:

He's been an almost permanent scapegoat since he joined, and various managers have tried to upgrade on him God knows how many times. 

And yet, here he is, still in the side and as good as he's ever been. 

I don't know about "as good as ever"....imo Frank has certainly upped 'ees game this season and am surprised that Steele hasn't had a chance really to grab the jersey...

Long may it continue....

Archived