IGNORED

Rainbow coloured corner flags at football matches starting Saturday

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

I go to AG with my other half, he is also a season ticket holder. We don’t, as I see SOME straight couples do, show forms of affection to each other whilst there. Would I disclose my sexuality there? Good question, and the answer is probably not, not out of fear or shame, it just doesn’t seem appropriate. By the same token I don’t think I would disclose my political leanings, my remain vote at Brexit or my views on Trump

if a supporter started shouting homophobic  things (and I mean vitriolic hate chants, not the chants aimed at Brighton fans) I probably would disclose my sexuality to him in a quiet 121 way

I tell people I am gay if I work with them, my friends, family, and those people who have become friends, like guys I have met and become friends with at the gym etc. On a side note I have never had a bad reaction from people I have told at the gym, even though we’ve been in the changing rooms together countless of times. For me it’s about a long term honesty, it’s hard to keep up secret if I see someone as a friend. I don’t out myself in ththe supermarket queue, or to th barista in Costa “full fat cappuccino please, oh and a choloclate muffin please. By the way, I’m gay you know”

i don’t have a problem with people being out and proud, it’s just not for me.

Not read every post on this thread but enough to see that it's "sparked a debate". Two excellent reasoned posts by gl1 on page 5 here. There are times when someone who is gay might feel it appropriate to disclose their sexuality. Other times, eg in Costa, it's not relevant. If it was at AG I'd certainly hope the vast majority of City fans would say "Ah, ok, cracking goal by young Bobby weren't it?" City fans one & all with or without rainbow bits & pieces.

Archived