IGNORED

SPOTY

22A

34 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Lewis Hamilton and The Lions I guess? 

I would like to see Lewis Hamilton and some lions on the same stage together. Would enhance the programme - lots of white teeth and all that - give it 30 seconds and a fetching red back drop too.

Personally I can't see it going to anyone bar Anthony Joshua, on winning his Heavyweight title and then holding it and putting up two fantastic sporting performances this year.

Team award is bound to be the England U20's and U17s for their commendable achievements in 2017.

Could see Jermaine Defore getting nominated but wont make the 3 achievement reasons. Befriending a child with cancer is not a sporting achievement but does show what a remarkable kind hearted human being he is.

Mo Farah surely has to get the lifetime achievement award ?

21 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Hamilton winning a title containing personality as a descriptive element, would be the ultimate oxymoron......

And to you Sir (even if I whole heartedly agree) can I just say ......

Andy Murray 3 (three) times !!!   

21 hours ago, 22A said:

Soon we'll be asked to vote for Sports Personality of the Year.

Presumably Lewis Hamilton will win that as he's British and a World Champion. 

Team of the year? Either of the two young England football teams that won their respective world cups or the England rugby team.

Overseas personality? 

Hamilton should win it if motor racing was a sport. I mean does Nadal beat Federer because he has a better racquet? And don't give me the 'you have to be super fit to be a driver' argument. So do astronauts.

Archived