IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

with 6 being a decent performance...

Frankie - 5 - Awful goalkeeping for their first, did hold onto several other similar balls in afterwards though.

Bailey - 5 - Defensively mainly OK, had no idea once he got passed the half-way line.

Flint - 7 - Generally did well at the back, fully committed as usual and scored again (although Mags would have put in it if he didn't).

Baker - 8 - Pick of our defence.

Mags - 6 -  A few wobbles at the back, his long throws are a real asset when Djuric is on the pitch. 

Smith - 5 - As per Preston game, not at his best.

Pack - 4 - Poor, think he managed one single forward pass and got a yellow for two silly challenges in first 5 mins.

Brownhill - 8 - Ran himself into the ground, was looking knackered with 15 mins to go, but did supremely well to win the ball and then strike the winner.

Reid - 5 - Worst performance of the season, but still he gets a goal. Kept letting passes to him bounce away, nowhere near close enough to Djuric to benefit from Djuric's knock downs.

Woodrow - 4 - Tried hard, but all too easily muscled out of it. 

COD - 5 - Saw a lot of the ball, but didn't take on full back enough especially after he was on a yellow for early foul on COD. 

SUBS:

Djuric - 8 - Won 80% of the balls played up to him, caused real anxiety in Hull box that directly led to both our first 2 goals. If only we could have him fully fit.

Eliasson - 6 - Was not picked out enough, but did well down the line when given the ball, good crosses too. Although many were culpable for the comedy defending for their 2nd, his header back across his own penalty area was terrible, and directly led to them eventually scoring from that melee.

Pato - 6 - Did not offer much, but was neat & tidy when did get on the ball.

Harsh on Pack i thought he tried to pick a pass and move the ball forward better than some. I think at HT i would have took Woodrow off for Taylor personally and left it at that for a while. Korey was no better thsn Pack but think his booking forced the decision. You cant sub someone on the strength of that though.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Harsh on Pack i thought he tried to pick a pass and move the ball forward better than some. I think at HT i would have took Woodrow off for Taylor personally and left it at that for a while. Korey was no better thsn Pack but think his booking forced the decision. You cant sub someone on the strength of that though.

Disagree with that. If someone is on a yellow and walking a tightrope you have to substitute them. I wasn't at the game tbf so cant comment on whether Pack really was walking a tightrope but it is a valid reason to substitute a player.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Disagree with that. If someone is on a yellow and walking a tightrope you have to substitute them. I wasn't at the game tbf so cant comment on whether Pack really was walking a tightrope but it is a valid reason to substitute a player.

I dont think he was walking that route. Yes sometimes they are a liability snd you get that feeling about player and/or Ref but i didnt today. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Frankie - 5 - Awful goalkeeping for their first, did hold onto several other similar balls in afterwards though.

Bailey - 5 - Defensively mainly OK, had no idea once he got passed the half-way line.

Flint - 7 - Generally did well at the back, fully committed as usual and scored again (although Mags would have put in it if he didn't).

Mags - 6 -  A few wobbles at the back, his long throws are a real asset when Djuric is on the pitch. 

Pack - 4 - Poor, think he managed one single forward pass and got a yellow for two silly challenges in first 5 mins.

Brownhill - 8 - Ran himself into the ground, was looking knackered with 15 mins to go, but did supremely well to win the ball and then strike the winner.

Reid - 5 - Worst performance of the season, but still he gets a goal. Kept letting passes to him bounce away, nowhere near close enough to Djuric to benefit from Djuric's knock downs.

COD - 5 - Saw a lot of the ball, but didn't take on full back enough especially after he was on a yellow for early foul on COD. 

SUBS:

Djuric - 8 - Won 80% of the balls played up to him, caused real anxiety in Hull box that directly led to both our first 2 goals. If only we could have him fully fit.

Eliasson - 6 - Was not picked out enough, but did well down the line when given the ball, good crosses too. Although many were culpable for the comedy defending for their 2nd, his header back across his own penalty area was terrible, and directly led to them eventually scoring from that melee.

Not sure I'm agreeing with some of these  

An 8 for baker? He did well but hardly anything outstounding.

im a massive critic of Mags, but thought he was very good. 

Pack looked our most tidy player in first half. Taken off cause of Yellow.

Pato was the one who completely changed the game. Travelled so well, turned and opened up play so well. 

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Completely agree

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I dont think he was walking that route. Yes sometimes they are a liability snd you get that feeling about player and/or Ref but i didnt today. 

Making two changes at HT limits your options later on. One more foul from pack and he was on last warning. Right call from Johnson 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

SUBS:

Seems a bit harsh as I’ve seen lots of people saying he was MOTM when he came on

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Making two changes at HT limits your options later on. One more foul from pack and he was on last warning. Right call from Johnson 

But as i said i wouldnt have changed two at HT. Yes the Ref could have cautioned Pack later in the game and perhaps sent him off but equally he might not have needed to speak to him again. Ref gave  lot of 50/50 to Hull but never looked like sending anyone off, it wasnt thst sort of game.

35 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Pack is walking the tightrope every week! 

55 minutes ago, RedM said:

After his booking for 2 unnecessary and reckless fouls in the first 5 minutes, he then committed 2 more equally unnecessary and reckless fouls before halftime, if that isn't walking tightrope I don't know what is, he got lucky today no doubt about it.

Archived