IGNORED

We need to talk about Mags...

The Constant Rabbit

12 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I'm only going off City's initial reaction, and it didn't sound good 

Says on the OS that he left the ground on crutches and with a protective boot on. It also says he could be the latest to face a lengthy spell out.:sad26:

Presumably he`ll be x-rayed and assessed tomorrow and we`ll know more then.

54 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Says on the OS that he left the ground on crutches and with a protective boot on. It also says he could be the latest to face a lengthy spell out.:sad26:

Presumably he`ll be x-rayed and assessed tomorrow and we`ll know more then.

Injuries probably be the affect of the more physically demanding press we implement for large portions of games. Be it muscle injuries from all the running and stretching or going into more 50/50 balls where contact is usually more likely and hard. Love when we play that way but it is possible it is a reason for our injury concerns. 

5 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

I have been a massive critic of Magnussen, but he was brilliant yesterday and deserves all the credit. 

Him and Pack looked the only ones interested in first half. And in the 2nd half, mags confidence just grew. 

Massive boost if we can get Mags playing well. With O'dowdas injury, we may have to utilise Bryan at left mid, especially away from home!! 

That’s the good thing about football and this forum (at times) you can be critical one week (and rightly so), but it not blinker you viewing a good performance the next. :clap:

People often say that Magnussen is a good footballer but lacking in physicality. Yesterday on BCTV I watched his passing closely and the number of times he lost possession was really worrying. It was a mixture of simple passes under no pressure which were underhit or misplaced, and longer aimless balls when under pressure. Very rarely did they find a target. In comparison, Wright who is a pretty limited ballplayer at least managed to play simple passes to feet more regularly.

Edit because I don't mean to be overly negative: It's probably just a confidence thing right now for Mags, but I think the whole team suffers if we can't distribute the ball well from full back on either side of the pitch.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Part of me think he could be a special player for us at some point but at the moment he isn’t. So if we are building up a young left sided defender then I personally would rather see Kelly get the minutes. Surely not at Magnússon’s level yet but would be more suited to getting minutes here and there. I mean Fulham have managed to fit a 17 year old into their squad and has approaching 50 appearances for them. As said though, Mags was a few minutes away from leaving and that is probably why Kelly has not seen more time. 

I did love Mags and he is a talent just not convinced he will make it in England in this spell. Could definitely see him going to a team abroad and excelling and even coming back to england and doing well. Just can’t see him getting enough minutes here for him to be happy. 

Foreign players just aren't used to the cold weather .

:whistle2:

18 hours ago, Fiale said:

Didn't a scout at the S-Wednesday game say he was one of our stand out players and was bemused when it was pointed out to him that a lot of City fans don't rate him. 

If he went and watched him against Cardiff, maybe he wouldn’t have found it quite so bemusing..! 

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Foreign players just aren't used to the cold weather .

:whistle2:

Maybe that's it, it's too warm for him. Get into February and snowed under and he will come into his own*

*At Hillsborough :crying:

On 26/11/2017 at 01:27, pongo88 said:

In his first season with us he was a regular in the first team until Wright arrived, and most people thought he was a good player. Admittedly this was at centre back, not left back, but he was consistent and didn’t make many mistakes. I feel the consistency would return if he had a regular run in the team, but a fully fit Joe Bryan is the first choice left bank, and unless Bryan has a run of bad performances Mags is likely to be selected 

What he does give us is real threat from long throws. 

Archived