IGNORED

Squad rotation/team for Boro

Buster Footman's T shirt

Important month to come in terms of our season and whether or not we can continue to stay in the hunt for autos/play offs.

Injuries starting to bite now and it could be argued that some of our key players (that are currently fit) could do with resting/rotating. Couple this with other squad players needing some game time it could be an opportunity for tweaking.

I would suggest that Bryan, Bobby and Josh Brownhill are key players that we need to protect as they have played the vast majority of minutes so far. I also feel that a change of formation at home may just help us to kick on as it seems that teams come to AG expecting us to line up 442 and have been able to a certain extent to counter it.

Based on that (fitness permitting I would look at this formation v Boro

Steele

Wright  Flint Baker  Maggs

Smith Pack Bakinson

Eliasson Taylor Pato

Strong bench to include:

Djurcic

Reid

Brownhill

Leko

What do you all think?

Surely we go full strength. It's one of the few times in the season where we are playing Saturday - Saturday - Friday without a midweek game.

Against Boro and Sheff Utd I expect a full strength team. Forest, Manchester or QPR will be the games to rotate for if we want to.

After the past few games I really wouldn't want to see Djuric starting at home so would want something like:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan(or Magnússon)

Brownhill Smith Pack Pato

Reid Taylor

I wouldn't mind seeing Steele in place of Fielding, but doubt that will happen.

Djuric is best used as a super sub at present, so think Taylor & Reid for front two, (Woodrow just not good enough).

Also IF he is 100% fit then would prefer to  see Bryan LH midfield rather than Pato, who himself does not look 100% fit.

Assuming COD out, then Eliasson has to be given a start to provide some true width.

Fielding/Steele

Wright, Flint, Baker, Mags

Eliasson, Brownhill, Smith, Pato/Bryan

Taylor, Reid

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Feilding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan (if fit)

Brownhill Smith Pack Pato

Reid Druic

We shouldn't rotate we aren't good enough to

Agree with you  in most of that but imo Reid and Djuric don't work together, if you start with Djuric I would go with Taylor

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Djuric is best used as a super sub

Agreed, but also I'd keep Eliasson on the bench until Djuric is on.  Use them as a double-sub if we are chasing the game or narrowly winning.  Elaisson's fresh pace and crossing combined with the Bosnian battering ram would be tough for a tiring defence to handle.

18 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Important month to come in terms of our season and whether or not we can continue to stay in the hunt for autos/play offs.

Injuries starting to bite now and it could be argued that some of our key players (that are currently fit) could do with resting/rotating. Couple this with other squad players needing some game time it could be an opportunity for tweaking.

I would suggest that Bryan, Bobby and Josh Brownhill are key players that we need to protect as they have played the vast majority of minutes so far. I also feel that a change of formation at home may just help us to kick on as it seems that teams come to AG expecting us to line up 442 and have been able to a certain extent to counter it.

Steele

Smith Pack Bakinson

Eliasson Taylor Pato

Strong bench to include:

Djurcic

Reid

Brownhill

Leko

What do you all think?

I think this team would be very risky particularly Bakinson who has hardly any first team experience. The front 3 would definitely run around a bit, but have only scored about 4 or 5 goals between them this season 

I agree with those saying we shouldn't be resting players for this one. However I do think Eliasson has earned a start over his last two performances.I also think, whilst I've been a critic in the past, Fielding is one of our most improved players this season. I would start:

Fielding

Wright

Flint

Baker

Bryan (Or Mags if Bryan not fit)

Eliasson

Brownhill

Smith

Patterson (if fully fit, otherwise Pack in midfield and Brownhill on the flank)

Reid 

Djuric

I don't agree Reid and Djuric can't play together. I think they will be able to with a bit more work on the training pitch...

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I agree with those saying we shouldn't be resting players for this one. However I do think Eliasson has earned a start over his last two performances.I also think, whilst I've been a critic in the past, Fielding is one of our most improved players this season. I would start:

Fielding

Wright

Flint

Baker

Bryan (Or Mags if Bryan not fit)

Eliasson

Brownhill

Smith

Patterson (if fully fit, otherwise Pack in midfield and Brownhill on the flank)

Reid 

Djuric

I don't agree Reid and Djuric can't play together. I think they will be able to with a bit more work on the training pitch...

The problem is that Bobby is not a natural striker and doesn't anticipate flick ons etc, so many in the Preston game and Cardiff. Not saying I think we should leave him out as he is still learning that position.

37 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Steele

Smith Pack Bakinson

Eliasson Taylor Pato

Strong bench to include:

Djurcic

Reid

Brownhill

Leko

What do you all think?

They are having a week off! 

36 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Steele

Smith Pack Bakinson

Eliasson Taylor Pato

Strong bench to include:

Djurcic

Reid

Brownhill

Leko

What do you all think?

I'm afraid that team would not be good enough. Bakinson has a lot of talent but from what I saw at Weston a week ago, he's not ready for Championship. I consider Lloyd Kelly and Vyner much closer to first team selection than him. 

Even considering that, the changes to formation and personnel would probably disrupt us too much.

7 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

IF we are going to rest players then Man Utd is the game to do it but that wouldn't be fair as they will all want to play and should be rewarded for playing so well. 

You could argue the second string players that got us to quarter finals deserve a game as well. 

14 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

IF we are going to rest players then Man Utd is the game to do it but that wouldn't be fair as they will all want to play and should be rewarded for playing so well. 

I'd rest players for the Man Utd game anyway. I know it sounds ruthless but, if the players keep working hard, they can get their reward in May. The League has to be the focus.

1 hour ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Steele

Smith Pack Bakinson

Eliasson Taylor Pato

Strong bench to include:

Djurcic

Reid

Brownhill

Leko

What do you all think?

If that’s the team that starts on Saturday I’ll give you my caravan for a week next summer free of charge. 

44 minutes ago, Super said:

The problem is that Bobby is not a natural striker and doesn't anticipate flick ons etc, so many in the Preston game and Cardiff. Not saying I think we should leave him out as he is still learning that position.

they way reid is being played and is playing this season he's a poacher, 10 league goals in 19 games, he's well on course for 20 league goals this season,

I'd take that sort of non-natural goal scorer 

1 hour ago, gordie said:

Agree with you  in most of that but imo Reid and Djuric don't work together, if you start with Djuric I would go with Taylor

If I have one small criticism of young Bobby it would be his lack of link up play with his forward partner .

Even with Fammy he was often too far away from him to benefit from flick ons or second balls.

Hopefully he will improve that side of his game as he grows into the position.

Archived