IGNORED

Flint (Merged)

old_eastender

If you go on to opposition fans forums he seems to be the one player that they all recognise us for and fear most for disrupting their play or being an attacking asset for us for corners/ free kicks. And if the fans are like that you assume he in the heads of the opposition players as well.

Also think the comments suggesting he looked a bit like he didn't know what to do when he advanced for the second goal are a bit wide of the mark. I saw intelligent hold -up play, initially waiting for the attackers to catch up, whilst understanding he could not loose the ball as he would be well out of position. What came next was simply special and shows just how confident he was in maintaining the forward run.

On December 2, 2017 at 15:33, David Brent said:

Best 300k we ever spent. 

He cost less than a Tilson

Sean ODriscoll would never agree  

On December 2, 2017 at 17:23, stephenkibby. said:

For me  Baker and Wright the best combination as a center back pairing. If Flint had left wouldn't have been bothered.

But what the **** do I know? Flint has been outstanding. His leadership, his goals and now his floated balls to the far post. He is the our complete player.

Plus I don't fancy Wright as a fullback,dosen't  offer anything going forward I thought. What a cultured cross for Bryan, a peach.

As I say what the **** do I know?  **** all.

You know nothing! Just to confirm your own assessment. 

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 00:19, Dullmoan Tone said:

I just don't know what you do when Pisano is fit - you cannot drop Flint (or Baker) and yet Wright is the Captain and Johnson said publicly Flint was in Wrights position.

A great position to be in, perhaps Pisano's injuries have done us a massive favour.

3 5 2 or 3 5 1 1

On 02/12/2017 at 23:23, stephenkibby. said:

For me  Baker and Wright the best combination as a center back pairing. If Flint had left wouldn't have been bothered.

But what the **** do I know? Flint has been outstanding. His leadership, his goals and now his floated balls to the far post. He is the our complete player.

Plus I don't fancy Wright as a fullback,dosen't  offer anything going forward I thought. What a cultured cross for Bryan, a peach.

As I say what the **** do I know?  **** all.

If it makes you feel any better here are a couple of quotes from me at the game Saturday....

As Wright goes tearing down the wing before crossing first time to Bryan:  "Don't give it Wright!... Take it yourself!... He's going to give it ******* Wright!....Take a touch Bailey!!"

And as Flint gets to the half way line. "he's going to lose it.... he's going to ******* lose it! where the **** is he going!! get back in position!!"

I feel I owe both of them an apology for underestimating them.

Also I know **** all.

19 hours ago, hantsred said:

If you go on to opposition fans forums he seems to be the one player that they all recognise us for and fear most for disrupting their play or being an attacking asset for us for corners/ free kicks. And if the fans are like that you assume he in the heads of the opposition players as well.

Also think the comments suggesting he looked a bit like he didn't know what to do when he advanced for the second goal are a bit wide of the mark. I saw intelligent hold -up play, initially waiting for the attackers to catch up, whilst understanding he could not loose the ball as he would be well out of position. What came next was simply special and shows just how confident he was in maintaining the forward run.

How true. The number of times you see `XXXXX has to play otherwise Flint and Baker will have our front two for breakfast` `that beast Flint will win everything in the air` or something along those lines.

Archived