IGNORED

Hunt For Steve

red as fcuk

Brentford have placed steve Hunt on the transfer list! for those who don't know him he is a quality midfielder city have been looking at for years who managed to bag 13 goals last season in a pretty poor side. I think he should now be our priority especially with aaron brown off to Qpr :@ (he's left footed) and he's only 22.........sign him up :D

some young lad who used to play for wimbledon but they released last year cus he was quite injury prone and they cant afford to have a half fit player, spurs made a massive bid a year or so ago, like £700,000, but they werent that bad off then, i bet they wish they'd of accecpted that now

we definatly need a fast left WINGER like him in my opinion, bell or woodman aint wingers their left sided midfielders, steve hunt is good but what about lionel morgan

If he's an out and out winger, he may not be much use to us if Tins is going to play 3-5-2 as surely the left sided player would have to do some defensive duties too.

Personally, I don't recognise the guy, so it may well be that he can defend too, in which case, he must be worth a look.

• Admin

Just reading up about him on the forums at griffinpark.org and it appears their fans think their Board would probably accept a fee in the region of £50k-100k.

The main quality they admire about him is his 100% attitude no matter how the rest of the side is performing. That's something we would appreciate down here too.

Guest simmos the gaffer

If he's an attacking centre midfielder then i agree that he's worth a punt. Not sure we need another winger though!

Any idea how he got his goals? e.g Headers from corners, pens etc

We could definitely do with someone who can score from corners and/or whack in a couple of long shots

I'm frankly amazed that he has been placed on the transfer list, I watch Brentford almost as regularly as City due to the fact that I live 5 minutes away from them, and Hunt is class in this division, twice the player Brown ever was and would be a great buy.

Come on Tinman, add to your superb signings so far and get this guy! :D

I was shocked to see Allen place him on the transfer list, it will be a shame to see him move to another club in the same division though.

He got 4 goals from penalties, only missing one, but he scored 2 in that game, the rest of his goals were all from long range.

I think we would accept a bid of around £50k, but I think Coppell at Reading is a huge admirer of him, so I think he could be moving to Reading, who already have a few ex-bees.

He would be a real asset, but he is definately capable at playing at a higher level.

WE R BEES.

Coppell signed him from Palace when he was our manager.

Coppell likes ex-Bees, he has already got Forester, Sonko, Ingirmasson, Sidwell, Owusu, and now he may be trying to get Hunty.

Oh yeah, hes got Wally Downes too. I think that is comedy of the highest order

i also only live 5 minutes from griffin park and often go to watch them for the crack. They always have a lot of good young players poached from the non league scene around here, who often seem to end up at reading or Watford.

Hunt is a great player and if we could tempt him a bit further west would be a good buy.

• Admin
I think Tinman should move fast to show the lad that he is really wanted here to avoid a similar situation to the steve maclean farce

Hold on, it's worth noting that there has been NO indications from the club that they are interested. They may well be but at the moment it is just us fans saying he'd make a decent signing...... :D

Archived