IGNORED

Our club shop is poor (Merged)

BCFC@Frome

42 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

I’ve never understood why our stuff isn’t on sale in any of the generic sports shops in town- surely even a small display of local kit etc isn’t too much to expect? I even think this should include kit for those poor souls wanting blue kit... It’s all about supporting your local team rather than only having the usual top 6 kit available.

I believe it is because City would have to pay for them to stock it and/or give up a percentage of any sales. This would then effect our profit margins and not make it cost effective. 

28 minutes ago, RedM said:

I believe it is because City would have to pay for them to stock it and/or give up a percentage of any sales. This would then effect our profit margins and not make it cost effective. 

I'd say it's probably worth a percentage to make the club's jerseys more visible around the city but I'm no financial or retail expert.

30 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I'd say it's probably worth a percentage to make the club's jerseys more visible around the city but I'm no financial or retail expert.

I would think so too, I’m just saying what I heard a while back. I really think we must like keeping our stock ‘in house’ and believe that people will either make the effort to go to AG or order online. I know when my children were little friends and relatives would give them money to buy a shirt or something as they never set foot in Ashton Gate as they didn’t go to the matches. They regularly shopped in Broadmead etc so probably would have gone in a shop there and picked out something themselves. At least there is a website to at least see stuff now.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I would think so too, I’m just saying what I heard a while back. I really think we must like keeping our stock ‘in house’ and believe that people will either make the effort to go to AG or order online. I know when my children were little friends and relatives would give them money to buy a shirt or something as they never set foot in Ashton Gate as they didn’t go to the matches. They regularly shopped in Broadmead etc so probably would have gone in a shop there and picked out something themselves. At least there is a website to at least see stuff now.

I've heard the same RedM, but it always grates a little bit when I go into a sports shop in Bristol and only see Manchester/Liverpool/Chelsea jerseys. 

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Hi Michael. How long have you been running the club shop for? 

:clapping:

Archived