IGNORED

Alleged Staff Treatment by BCFC

Big C

51 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Your second sentence is hard to understand. Mr Lansdown has covered operating loss and debt via equity backed up by loans. That is not writing tens of millions off with all respects.

I haven’t looked at the accounts and certainly can’t be bothered too ... Obviously.  

Turning loans into equity, so that it is never called in as a debt is as close to “writing off” as anyone is ever likely to do! 

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Turning loans into equity, so that it is never called in as a debt is as close to “writing off” as anyone is ever likely to do! 

And turning loss into twenty million pounds of loans (debt). I think that is you admitting that Mr Lansdown has not written off losses as you stated. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

And turning loss into twenty million pounds of loans (debt). I think that is you admitting that Mr Lansdown has not written off losses as you stated. 

Equity isn’t a loan..!

He’s “written off” loans/debts (call them what you like) and turned them from debts into shares. 

Effectively “writing off” the debt. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25681289

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think he spends £50 million on rebuilding the stadium, writes off tens of millions of losses and makes a profit out of doing it..?

Yes, I very much believe that he is doing it out of goodness for the people of Bristol and to leave a substantial sporting legacy. 

Did I mention a profit? Financial gain use. Profit no. The two aren’t the same.

There are others who do things for the goodness of the people of Bristol or out of the goodness of their hearts and do so unnoticed.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. 

4 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

There are others who do things for the goodness of the people of Bristol or out of the goodness of their hearts and do so unnoticed.

It would be quite difficult to buy a professional football club and spend £45m on a stadium without anyone noticing to be fair.

37 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Interested in knowing where the financial gain comes from.

If, for example Ashton Gate was put up for sale, the value in it is just the footprint the ground sits on. Unless you happen to find buyers who are desperate for a sports stadium. Can't imagine the site of Ashton Gate is worth anything like the money that has been spent on it. Which is why I don't understand the financial gain comment.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't Ron Noades manage to sell Palace to someone years ago without including the stadium as part of the deal?

I think when Barry Fry bought Posh he didn`t find out until later that he hadn`t actually got London Road as part of the deal.

One of their first games afterwards was v Northampton who took great delight in singing 

`He`s fat, he`s round, he thought he owned  a ground, Barry Fry`

for most of the game.

Archived