IGNORED

Keep your head down, in a few years time you could be in the hot seat...

DaveF

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I suspect he took one look at the budget he'd have and thought '**** that'.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

At Rangers, or when he was here?

I suspect Northern Red means Rangers. Its not very much according to my Aberdeen supporting friend. In short Del has momentum at Aberdeen while at Rangers they are almost out of cash again in large part because they cannot afford to fully pay off the last gaffer.. Its an installments pay off. 

They have to get into the Champions League in the next 1 or 2 seasons or it could be wonga or curtains. 

Funny how it has been said teams that play in blue are usually strugglers. I foretell a day when Chelsea will too especially if the Magnitsky Act is adopted here. We might then see a bit of feet shuffling. 

McInnes comes out of this whole thing with no real credit.

Given a new contract in the summer and he knew from day 1 he was one of, if not the, leading contender to take over at Ibrox this time. The word of their financial situation is well known north of the border.

He could have killed the speculation six weeks ago, instead he issued a half hearted statement and then you had the events of this week. In the meantime, Aberdeen’s form suffers.

He couldn’t make it any clearer he sees Aberdeen as a placeholder. That’s fine, but to string the fans along for six weeks and then finally say “nah, don’t want to talk to Rangers” shows fairly low regard for the fans at Pittodrie and the next time a club flutters their eyes at Del, I’d be willing to bet a fair few Dons fans would carry his case for him if he starts mucking around like he’s done with Rangers and Sunderland 

3 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

Ironically, there's another team that play in blue that know all about them....

Why is that irony?

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

McInnes comes out of this whole thing with no real credit.

Given a new contract in the summer and he knew from day 1 he was one of, if not the, leading contender to take over at Ibrox this time. The word of their financial situation is well known north of the border.

He could have killed the speculation six weeks ago, instead he issued a half hearted statement and then you had the events of this week. In the meantime, Aberdeen’s form suffers.

He couldn’t make it any clearer he sees Aberdeen as a placeholder. That’s fine, but to string the fans along for six weeks and then finally say “nah, don’t want to talk to Rangers” shows fairly low regard for the fans at Pittodrie and the next time a club flutters their eyes at Del, I’d be willing to bet a fair few Dons fans would carry his case for him if he starts mucking around like he’s done with Rangers and Sunderland 

You are assuming an awful lot here. I assume you have garnered your opinion from the media and press. We know how unreliable and hungry for a story they are.

Archived