IGNORED

LJ

AppyDAZE

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Great credit to him to decide to still go for the game with his substitutions, would have been so easy to say we'd take the point and sit back. Those are the sorts of decisions that matter when going for promotion. 

Sheff made some real rash substitutions, I dont understand why they brought on strikers and went chasing it when they only had ten men and we had thrown on our strikers, its like he was trying to out do us, Johnson outwitted him. 

In poker we call that tilting. Or Online gaming we call that LEEEEEEEROOOY JEEEEEEENKINS!  :chant6ez:

5 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Sheff made some real rash substitutions, I dont understand why they brought on strikers and went chasing it when they only had ten men and we had thrown on our strikers, its like he was trying to out do us, Johnson outwitted him. 

In poker we call that tilting. Or Online gaming we call that LEEEEEEEROOOY JEEEEEEENKINS!  :chant6ez:

Goddamit Leroy! :laugh:

On their forum they seem to feel Wilder just likes to go balls deep at times and always go for the win. They say he needs to learn and be content with a draw. 

7 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

I couldn't understand why they took Duffy off. He was was their best player I thought, making room for and delivering dangerous crosses. Made it easier for our superb defence.

He's been great this year.

All things considered it beggars belief how shit we were at Brentford. I know we scabbed a point, but it was easily one of the worst displays I've seen.

Perhaps it was just one of the couple of bad games we will invariably have this season?

27 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I couldn't understand why they took Duffy off. He was was their best player I thought, making room for and delivering dangerous crosses. Made it easier for our superb defence.

Stamina? At 32 and the fact he'd put in a big shift up till that point, perhaps he was at the point where he normally tails off. 

31 minutes ago, hodge said:

On their forum they seem to feel Wilder just likes to go balls deep at times and always go for the win. They say he needs to learn and be content with a draw. 

Maybe but it was to both managers' credit that they went for it. Either could have parked the bus but didn't. Bravo I say.

Just now, chinapig said:

Maybe but it was to both managers' credit that they went for it. Either could have parked the bus but didn't. Bravo I say.

If roles were reversed and we had gone down to 10 and lost like that I think I would be annoyed as well. 

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

He's been great this year.

All things considered it beggars belief how shit we were at Brentford. I know we scabbed a point, but it was easily one of the worst displays I've seen.

Perhaps it was just one of the couple of bad games we will invariably have this season?

Brentford away was the first time I doubted him, how wrong I was 

26 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You may be right but I was delighted to see him go nevertheless.

Seen them on the telly a couple of times, very influential for them.  Didn’t think we got tight enough all over tonight.  Our pressing game was a bit out of sync.

6 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Brentford away was the first time I doubted him, how wrong I was 

No need for self flagellation yet, so put the big stick down if I were you.

This season has seen real progress and full credit to Lee Johnson and the team for fashioning this squad, spirit and style of play, it's been fantastic and something to behold.

But don't let the regular 'look who's laughing now brigade' make you feel bad. This is the first time in 15 (Lansdown's tenure) years we've looked liked delivering on top flight football (save Gary Johnson's rourkes drift/charge of the light brigade season) as opposed to being stuck in div 3 or struggling in div 2. Plus the last 2 full seasons would have seen most managers dismissed, by any rational persons reckoning.

I've never been against Lee Johnson or Steve Lansdown as people and couldn't be happier for either that this season is paying off. But I do not feel embarrassed by or regret, my pent up frustrations, fostered by the previous decade, and views that I aired last season. 

Neither should anyone. 

4 hours ago, foghornred said:

where are all of those Johnson outer's now then ? Some even said that he had lost the dressing room and we now hear that the players were saying that he shouldn't be sacked. 

See my previous post.

6 hours ago, hodge said:

It has been kind of working for him though, they had lost 7 and us 3 before tonight but we were on equal points. 

Archived