IGNORED

OVERACHIEVING ?

slartibartfast

8 hours ago, havanatopia said:

There are a lot of terminological inexactitudes flying around when it comes to City. Do we care though? Do we heck.

'A top 10 finish will be good?'

That implies the possibility of actually being in 10th I assume; from where we sit now I will be fairly disappointed bordering on distraught to suicidal if we finish 10th from here on in!

10th would still be huge progression. We're not even half way through the season yet!! 

This is what worries me. If we don't now finish in the play offs, the reaction of some of our fans is not worth thinking about. If we finish 10th, there will be a lot of people calling for Johnsons head. Which will be ridiculous.. 

Dont get me wrong, finishing in the playoffs is definitely doable, but let's not just expect it, based off 21 games, when we still have 25 to play! 

38 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

I think the implication is that little old Bristol City should know our place. 

Condescending arsewipes.

Exactly. They are miffed that we are outperforming the likes of Boro and Leeds, who of course have a divine right to be above us.

Did Huddersfield get the same last season or were they spared because their manager is a mate of Klopp's and therefore a 'big name' by association?

You will probably recall the comment about over achievers also was pointed at Sheffield Utd as well as City 

if there was one pundit with good knowledge of City and one of Sheff Utd (preferably ex players or managers) then there would be a better chance of having a more balanced discussion. 

Utlimately the league table never lies .....

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Sky pundits using that word every other sentence about us tonight!

My question is......."How can we overachieve?"   We have the points we have FFS

Maybe there is a case for some clubs "underachieving" given their talent and money , but I don't think you can overachieve....it IS what it IS !

More a case of..we don't like you where you are !

They obviously don't read otib.

It was obvious to all that based on the last 2 seasons we would obviously be sat in third right now.

Idiots.

:shifty:

We are overachieving, go back to the pre season thread and see the predictions,

most had us relegated or up to 12th, we are being compared to Huddersfield who went up so the pundits are seriously thinking we can achieve that,

after last nights smash and grab I've re visited my prediction of 12th and knocked a 1 off,

i think we will finish seconded luck is on our side and so are performances

lansdown can make a real statement next month if he wanted but we can't upset too many who got us here

9 hours ago, hantsred said:

Overachieving statement can only be based on the fact that we were predicted before the season start to be closer to relegation than getting promotion when looking at the betting terms offered. Just like Leicester overachieved and is not necessarily a derogatory comment or bad thing. Just means that we are a surprise package which most pundits and bookmakers did not predict based on the sum of our parts at the beginning of the season!

We were only something like 8 or 10-1 to go up this season 

9 hours ago, INCRED said:

We were poor for 13 games last season, if you take it over the last 18 months it’s a bloody impressive set of results

If you ignore any team's defeats then everyone looks like world beaters !

I think we have to be realistic, we have had some great late goals and have often looked second best despite drawing / winning (I suppose like Man City) but who cares.

Archived