IGNORED

Injury Return Dates

Robin101

Simply can’t believe how bad our luck for injuries has been this season. It has been one per game it feels! And equally astonished that we just can’t stop winning!

But we really need some players returning. Do we have a rough timescale of when players will be returning?

Famara the first in January is it? What about O’Dowda?

56 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Simply can’t believe how bad our luck for injuries has been this season. It has been one per game it feels! And equally astonished that we just can’t stop winning!

But we really need some players returning. Do we have a rough timescale of when players will be returning?

Famara the first in January is it? What about O’Dowda?

Was thinking the same.

We could do with a pinned post at the top of the board.

I’ll have a go myself.

O’Neill - Injured on Oct 4th; our for 3 months; rough return in early January. 

Hegeler - Injured Oct 28th; 12-14 weeks; around February.

Diedhou - Injured Oct 28th; 10-12 weeks; Mid-January to February.

O’Dowda - Injured 1st December; 10 weeks; mid-February.

Pisano - Injured 4th November; 4 months; early March. 

Smith - ???.

Djuric - ‘Injured’ from 18th December; 5 weeks; early February. 

And then I imagine in reality it will be even longer before these players are match fit and back in the starting 11. Damn, we really need Smith to be just a few weeks but I fear the worst.

11 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I’ll have a go myself.

O’Neill - Injured on Oct 4th; our for 3 months; rough return in early January. 

Hegeler - Injured Oct 28th; 12-14 weeks; around February.

Diedhou - Injured Oct 28th; 10-12 weeks; Mid-January to February.

O’Dowda - Injured 1st December; 10 weeks; mid-February.

Pisano - Injured 4th November; 4 months; early March. 

Smith - ???.

Djuric - ‘Injured’ from 18th December; 5 weeks; early February. 

And then I imagine in reality it will be even longer before these players are match fit and back in the starting 11. Damn, we really need Smith to be just a few weeks but I fear the worst.

Going to be march then before most of them are back, and getting match fit again. Not promising.

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So In February it will be like getting half a team of new signings.

I was thinking this. 

I remember Mourinho being pressed one Christmas whilst at Chelsea, would they're be a big name player coming in to help with the title push? Much to the  interviewer surprise, he cooly replied "yes, Peter Czech, the best keeper in the world". Czech was returning from that severe head injury.

Whilst we lament the failure to capture Adebola 10 years ago, may be Diedhou is that player?

My only hope is that one or two of our casualties are making better progress than we know and will return sooner than we expect.

TBF to the club, we are getting so much better at keeping our cards close to our chest so something like that wouldn`t surprise me.

Probably just a bit of straw clutching on my part though and as I said in an earlier post, thank the lord we`re in the top three and not the bottom.

27 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

My only hope is that one or two of our casualties are making better progress than we know and will return sooner than we expect.

TBF to the club, we are getting so much better at keeping our cards close to our chest so something like that wouldn`t surprise me.

Probably just a bit of straw clutching on my part though and as I said in an earlier post, thank the lord we`re in the top three and not the bottom.

This. 

The club would have had an element of choice as to when to book Djurics operation in. If it was urgent, he wouldn’t even be playing half’s of football currently (not saying it doesn’t need doing). That leads me to believe Fammy isn’t too far away - IIRC in one pre match recently we were told he’d been rehabbing in France and was now back in Bristol.

My guess is Fammy back for Christmas - otherwise we’d have delayed the Djuric op until Jan when we could get new bodies in

As others have hinted at, it could work out to our advantage if we can manage to stay in the promotion hunt in the meantime. We’ll have players coming back who have effectively had a mid-season break. Once they recover to full fitness they should be fresher than opposition players who’ve played week in, week out.

That said, it’s disappointing that we’ll be without so many of our best players for the United game. I wanted us to give the best possible account of ourselves in front of the cameras and have the best chance of beating them. Can’t help but feel our outside chance is diminishing even further.

Archived